NBA Discussion

3arl I think we found a mutual interest other than vinyl. Huge Nuggets fan right here and I'm so glad to see Carmelo get beat like this in his return to Denver! Was glad to see him go even though I think he is loaded with talent; I just could not see Denver winning a championship with him.

I'm glad I will have an ally around here come playoff time.

this hurts deep

so fucking close... damnit

the eastern conference is such a joke.  the 2 seed is 12 games back?  and despite winning 23 games in a row, miami is only up 1.5 games over san antonio.  that's pretty incredible.  I keep waiting for the balance of power to shift, but after ~15 years of western conference dominance, I'm not sure it's ever going to happen...

Nailbiter for the Nuggets tonight, I'm really worried about tomorrows game in OKC.

Also, I didn't see this til today but Larry Sanders reaction after getting ejected is hilarious:

larrysanders.gif

I feel stupid for not knowing who larry sanders is (I mean, I know he's a big guy for milwaukee and I know that everyone keeps talking about him, but I don't know anything about him).  hopefully I'll have more free time when the playoffs start

• 2 weeks later...

that building was absolutely electric when they started the 'end the streak' chant. then miami just kept grinding it out, and it sucked the life out of the place. that really had me worried at the end.

absolutely a flagrant on lebron. he followed a full shoulder block with an elbow. but the announcers think that's good basketball.

heinrich's steal from bosh might have been the scrappiest play of the year.

i can't believe lebron has the fucking balls to come out and say he's disrespected by the officials.

the only streak more glaring than 27 games is 250 minutes of playing without a foul.

as one of the most aggressive players in the game on both ends of the court, he averages ONE foul per game.

and he's disrespected.

i can't believe lebron has the fucking balls to come out and say he's disrespected by the officials.

the only streak more glaring than 27 games is 250 minutes of playing without a foul.

as one of the most aggressive players in the game on both ends of the court, he averages ONE foul per game.

and he's disrespected.

And he wonders why a lot of people don't like him.

I think they need to install some sort of fine/penalty system for refs who give the superstar treatment to players.  If they did it sort of lot the flopping rule I think it could work.