NBA Discussion

i love that the nba and media have completely ignored it too. love the idea of the playground set of rules... game would be infinitely better.

celtics have really turned things around. 5 game winning streak, and just like everyone expected, avery bradley's return was what sparked it. all season long, people just said "wait for avery, it'll get better".. i thought they were crazy for thinking one guy could make that much of a difference. but man, oh man. the whole team is clicking, and playing the way they're supposed to. the most important aspect of it is the way jared sullinger has responded. the guy looks fantastic, dominates the boards like he's got glue on his hands. before tonight's game, he already lead the team in +/- with a +74. i'm sure that's even higher after the win.

another good night for my OKC's

bulls held atlanta to TWENTY first half points! they went on a 10 minute scoring drought... only beat the all-time low by 7 points.

Today in History.  1993 - Michael Jordan scores 64 points but loses in overtime to Shaquile O'Neil and the Orlando Magic 128-124.  ONeil had 26 points and 24 rebounds.  To me, the good ole days of the NBA.   Got to shake your head at anyone scoring over 50% of his teams points.   I did not see the box score but have to believe he shot at least 40 times and got to the line for 20 freethrows.   

It always sucks when a fanbase loses their team, and the Maloofs are/were such terrible owners they really screwed that city.

what did the maloofs do that was so terrible?  not saying they were good, I'm just saying that I don't know the bad things.  they had an old, small arena and the city didn't want to pay for anything better (as far as I can tell).  at least seattle had the excuse that they had just bought arenas for the mariners and the seahawks -- what has sactown spent their money on?

in my opinion, the maloofs did a good job.  they built a team that almost made it to the finals and then they've struggled to rebuild in a small market that has trouble attracting free agents.  their draft picks haven't really panned out the way they'd like (demarcus cousins is a nutjob and tyreke evans disappeared... wait, he's still on the roster?  you could've fooled me...), but the same can be said for a lot of teams (e.g., milwaukee, mn, cleveland, portland, utah, toronto, [pretty much any inland city that's a small market]).

the nba desperately needs a salary cap (hopefully the luxury tax takes care of that, but I'm skeptical) and non-guaranteed contracts.  the nfl is great and when every season starts, every fanbase (except cleveland) thinks they have a shot to do something.  why the nba doesn't follow that model, I'm not sure.

in unrelated news, the wolves had an 18 point lead against atlanta and lost by 8.  rubio's starting to look better (his stats don't show it, but he's started penetrating and shooting layups at least once a game, which is sadly a significant improvement over his first handful of games), and maybe when we get a *little bit* healthier (pek and shved), we'll be able to play a full game without getting exhausted and losing a big lead

This is the best I've seen this laker team play in a long long time. It's hard for me to root for the lakers, but when it's OKC and they are the only team in the west with a better record than the spurs...I'll do it... Sucks bad about rondo, guess we have to rely on the pacers to dethrone the heat this year....

D'Antoni is easily the worst coach of all time but with basically making Kobe the PG, this team is playing somewhat up to their potential. I almost hope they miss the playoffs just so that D'Antoni gets run out of town never to be heard from again. Seriously tho, fuck that guy.

He had do much Fucking talent on those Phoenix teams and they never played up top their potential strictly cause of him...well and the spurs being easily the best team in the west at the time when they were making their runs, and every time they ran into the spurs at some point...