NBA Discussion

I don't understand the calderon to detroit (via memphis) part of that trade. have I been out of the loop while detroit got good enough to justify renting an old (albeit still good) pg? too bad boston doesn't seem to have the pieces to trade for him, because I think he could be great filling in for rondo

I don't understand the calderon to detroit (via memphis) part of that trade. have I been out of the loop while detroit got good enough to justify renting an old (albeit still good) pg? too bad boston doesn't seem to have the pieces to trade for him, because I think he could be great filling in for rondo

Expiring contract is all Detroit cares about.

Goddamn, the Nuggets have been looking good this last month.  If it wasn't for the shitty schedule that we were dealt with at the beginning of the season (17 of the first 24 on the road) the Nuggets record would be way better.  If this pace continues, easily the 4 seed and possibly the 3 seed. 

jeff green dunks on break away

jeff green recovers to block lay-up at opposite end

paul piece hits deep 3

this was honestly one of the most amazing sequences i've ever witnessed in basketball

they just look like warm-ups.

bummed the celtics couldn't pull it out last night. didn't have high expectations going in, given the insane minutes that pierce and garnett played the night before. just stinks when they had several chances to hit the big shot, and couldn't get it to go down.

i'm not worried about it though. that denver game was something special, and perfectly sums up the AR (after rondo) run. they are playing some seriously inspired ball, and i'm 100% more interested in this team now than i was 3 weeks ago.

i take it back. they look like freshman basketball uniforms. you know, the ones left over from 19 years ago, because the school laughs at the notion of giving the freshman team new digs.

nope_lana_archer.gif

celtics' barbosa out with torn acl

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8941183/leandro-barbosa-boston-celtics-torn-acl

note to boston: injuries are bad, see minnesota.

anyways, I haven't watched many celtics games, but barbosa seems like a very underrated player.  seems like an instant offense kind of player off the bench, and I imagine that this injury is gonna hurt more than your standard "bench guard out for season"

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a big NBA fan, however i do like following my local Bucks box scores.  Curious what all your opinions are on the Bucks and their awkwardly constructed roster.

Who should the Bucks try and build around Brandon Jennings or Monte Ellis?

Neither are stars, that is obvious.  It is most likely the best the Bucks can do as a cornerstone player.  Personally I've wanted to see the Bucks extend Ellis and trade Jennings as a restricted Free Agent.  Probably couldn't get a ton but a pick or two would be nice.  Jennings might be a star somewhere but it won't be Milwaukee.  Ellis as a PG just seems more willing to pass and although it is a bit out of position for his skill set, I'd rather see him as a Buck.

The Bucks have a ton of money to spend this offseason.  Could Al Jefferson or Paul Milsap fit in well if the Bucks have a core of Jennings or Ellis / Reddick / Mbah Moute /                 / Sanders?  Or is there a SF that would be available to move Mbah Moute back into a bench role and let Ilyasova keep starting at PF.

Again I'd like to see Ellis signed as the PG and it seems like the Bucks plan on make Reddick a very large offer to keep him.   With one of the Jazz free agents slotting into the PF role the Bucks would have seem to have a well balanced lineup.

Just curious about others opinions.  I don't know much about basketball but I do enjoy keeping track of the Wisconsin teams.

I'm not a big NBA fan, however i do like following my local Bucks box scores. Curious what all your opinions are on the Bucks and their awkwardly constructed roster.

Neither are stars, that is obvious. It is most likely the best the Bucks can do as a cornerstone player. Personally I've wanted to see the Bucks extend Ellis and trade Jennings as a restricted Free Agent. Probably couldn't get a ton but a pick or two would be nice. Jennings might be a star somewhere but it won't be Milwaukee. Ellis as a PG just seems more willing to pass and although it is a bit out of position for his skill set, I'd rather see him as a Buck.

The Bucks have a ton of money to spend this offseason. Could Al Jefferson or Paul Milsap fit in well if the Bucks have a core of Jennings or Ellis / Reddick / Mbah Moute / / Sanders? Or is there a SF that would be available to move Mbah Moute back into a bench role and let Ilyasova keep starting at PF.

Again I'd like to see Ellis signed as the PG and it seems like the Bucks plan on make Reddick a very large offer to keep him. With one of the Jazz free agents slotting into the PF role the Bucks would have seem to have a well balanced lineup.

Just curious about others opinions. I don't know much about basketball but I do enjoy keeping track of the Wisconsin teams.

The Bucks are one of the teams, along with the Nuggets, Pacers, Grizzlies, and Warriors, that are challenging the trend that you need to have a superstar to be a championship team in the NBA. Do I think they'll win it all? No. But they're playing good basketball, will make the playoffs, and are helping change the sport for the better.

stephen curry didn't deserve to play tonight.

the only reason I think it was okay for him to play is that lee and hibbert only got one game a piece.

as for tonight's game, golden state played like crap in that final minute.  if I'm down 105-109 in the final minute of a game and one player on my team has 54 of our 105 points, I think I'm going to run my offense through that guy.

I'm not a big NBA fan, however i do like following my local Bucks box scores.  Curious what all your opinions are on the Bucks and their awkwardly constructed roster.

Neither are stars, that is obvious.  It is most likely the best the Bucks can do as a cornerstone player.  Personally I've wanted to see the Bucks extend Ellis and trade Jennings as a restricted Free Agent.  Probably couldn't get a ton but a pick or two would be nice.  Jennings might be a star somewhere but it won't be Milwaukee.  Ellis as a PG just seems more willing to pass and although it is a bit out of position for his skill set, I'd rather see him as a Buck.

The Bucks have a ton of money to spend this offseason.  Could Al Jefferson or Paul Milsap fit in well if the Bucks have a core of Jennings or Ellis / Reddick / Mbah Moute /                 / Sanders?  Or is there a SF that would be available to move Mbah Moute back into a bench role and let Ilyasova keep starting at PF.

Again I'd like to see Ellis signed as the PG and it seems like the Bucks plan on make Reddick a very large offer to keep him.   With one of the Jazz free agents slotting into the PF role the Bucks would have seem to have a well balanced lineup.

Just curious about others opinions.  I don't know much about basketball but I do enjoy keeping track of the Wisconsin teams.

a jennings for jefferson/millsap sign-and-trade deal with utah could work well for both teams.  I'm curious how much redick is going to cost in free agency.