NBA Discussion

This is true. I hate watching him do press conferences though, especially after a loss. He's such a douche, if I were part of the press I would never ask him a question.

Why? Because he's pissed off when his team loses? He's probably been asked the same question a few thousand times. Fact is, the Lakers shouldn't lose to any team in the West so during the regular season, when they do lose, its an effort thing. I would hope Kobe would be upset if the team loses because of a lack of effort.

This is true. I hate watching him do press conferences though, especially after a loss. He's such a douche, if I were part of the press I would never ask him a question.

Why? Because he's pissed off when his team loses? He's probably been asked the same question a few thousand times. Fact is, the Lakers shouldn't lose to any team in the West so during the regular season, when they do lose, its an effort thing. I would hope Kobe would be upset if the team loses because of a lack of effort.

Believe me, not everyone is like that after a press conference. I hate to use the Celtics as an example, but none of them were acting like they hated everyone in the conference room after they lost Game 1.

Sure, he's probably been asked the same question a thousand times, but he shouldn't act like a spoiled brat. He needs to just answer the questions and act like a stand-up guy. He doesn't just do it after a loss either. The announcers say he's "savvy", I just say he's "douchey."

I get that everyone hates on him because he's the best, but that's not really it for me. I used to like him, back in the 90s, early 00's.

I was a Jordan fan, but I did like Kobe. Nowadays he just annoys me, I don't know.

You can feel how you want but its pretty hypocritical to dislike Kobe for the same stuff Jordan did and in a lot of cases did worse. Jordan belittled, punched out, and verbally abused his teammates in a way that Kobe could never. If he did, it would be plastered all over the news. Jordan cheated on his wife. Jordan likely bet on basketball and was "excused" for a sabbatical playing baseball.

Just sayin'

haha What exactly would you like Kobe to do at a press conference?

He sits there and answers the stupid questions people ask him. He seems to act the same at press conferences if they lose or win. He just isnt very enthusiastic when answering these questions. I dont see anyone on any teams being all pumped up to answer questions at a press conference.

That was a great game to watch. Crowd was great for the first 6, then no one did boo until the Celtics came back and made it a game.

Fisher kept that game alive for the Lakers, and if the Celtics only get 2 points from Ray Allen, and a non-existent paul pierce, they aren't gonna win. if they get 60% of their average production, C's win

That was a great game to watch. Crowd was great for the first 6, then no one did boo until the Celtics came back and made it a game.

Fisher kept that game alive for the Lakers, and if the Celtics only get 2 points from Ray Allen, and a non-existent paul pierce, they aren't gonna win. if they get 60% of their average production, C's win

Its true but had Ray Allen played to 100% of his ability, not the 150% he did in Game 2, the Celtics don't win that game. So to me, its all evened out now. One spectacular game by Ray-Ray and one horrid one.

And, Kobe played like hell. Well, that might be strong but he shot right around 35% for the night. So if Kobe shoots, lets say, 45% he's got more points and that cancels out Fisher and we're all even.

Point being, Lakers should have won Game 2 had everything been even and the Celtics could have won Game 3 had everything been even. But that's not how these things work.

It wasnt pretty but it was a good game on both ends for sure. I always prefer defensive games that the refs let play out..thank god for the benches, game started slow it felt and the crowd was kinda dead in the beginning..heres to hoping for a 3-2 lead after sunday.

i thought pau had a great game considering the D was in his face and taking him away from his comfort spots

If there was ever an example of Rasheed being targeted by the refs, that phantom call last night was it. I don't think Sheed even touched him at all on that play.

I mean, he's brought it on himself of course, so there's nobody to blame but him, but sometimes it's a little overboard.

Yeah, that phantom foul was TERRIBLE..gasol fell, end of story, of course, sheed does himself no favors by running around like a goddamn madman, him an perkins suck in that department, you got called..deal with it, they are EASY targets for T's

I say Celtics will win 5, LA will win 6 and then Celtics will take it in 7.

So the Celtics can win all two-out-of-three and two in a row on their home court but the Lakers can't do the same?

Bench players play better at home. And Gasol HAS to be better than he's been in the last 2 games. It was nice to finally see Kobe put together a good game. If that carries over and Bynum + Gasol play a smidge better the Lakers should be good.

We shall see. Either way, I absolutely abhor Pierce, Garnett, Big Drool, and Rondo. They all only get yappy when their winning.

Bynum played 35 mins with one rebound I think the knee is a huge issue.

As much as bynum and gasol playing a smidge better youll be ok...ray allen was fairly quiet the last few game...even if they step it up a little, if ray gets 60% more production, and the rest of the C's play their average, and get the bench production they do, I think they will win it. Kobe went off in the 3rd last nite, I was in awe of the shots he was throwin down, but the C's kept pulling away..and yes..they do lose most games in the 4th, but they finished the job..

itll come down to game 7 for sure,but I think the celtics will win...better bench in the series so far.

Bynum played 35 mins with one rebound I think the knee is a huge issue.

As much as bynum and gasol playing a smidge better youll be ok...ray allen was fairly quiet the last few game...even if they step it up a little, if ray gets 60% more production, and the rest of the C's play their average, and get the bench production they do, I think they will win it. Kobe went off in the 3rd last nite, I was in awe of the shots he was throwin down, but the C's kept pulling away..and yes..they do lose most games in the 4th, but they finished the job..

itll come down to game 7 for sure,but I think the celtics will win...better bench in the series so far.

Where was this vaunted bench in the two games in LA? Frankly, both games at Staples were games the Lakers by all rights should have won.

We'll see. Nothing is predictable in this series at all. Certain players should regress others should impress and neither is happening.

Either way, if someone doesn't close line Pierce once before the series is over while he's driving to the basket I'll be disappointed. Or maybe Rondo. Either way someone should get knocked down.

Oh and speaking of which, someone should tell Rajon that Artest is a crazy mo-fo.