NBA Discussion

just waiting for the dirk to phx rumors to start heating up, if they havent alreay. dont ultimately think itll make much of a difference for the suns but i think its rather obvious that dirk isnt going to accomplish shit in dallas and i cant see nash playing out the last of his best years on a team that'll more or less be in rebuilding mode.

So the draft didn't go exactly how I planned but I am stoked on the Grizzlies two pickups in Xavier Henry and Greivis Vasquez and the extra money they got from the Mavs for the guy they picked and traded at #25. That money should go towards keeping Rudy Gay. Also tonight at FedEx Forum, I was really stoked to walk in and see OJ Mayo in the practice gym working on his game even in the off season. Everyone watching him from far off said that's why they love him, because he never stops trying to get better.

i would probably watch it if it was well done and told me things/gave me insights that ESPN couldn't give me about the team.

Yeah it's well done. It was made for FoxSportsTennessee and just kind of shows the chemistry of the team and how they improved from last year to this year and has a good amount of player interviews and ESPN doesn't cover the Grizzlies too much anyway.

I didn't think Rudy Gay would be a max contract player. Is he really worth it? I honestly don't know if I've even watched him play at all as a pro. Can't remember the last time I watched a Grizzlies game.

I don't know if most other teams would consider him like that but Memphis does. They have gone so long with a bad team and bad fan base because they refuse to spend money on players so they were kind of forced into keeping Rudy, which I am completely fine with by the way. I probably watched close to 70 of the Grizzlies games last year and I can't imagine Rudy not being there. The Grizzlies are built to where any person can blow up and take over on any given night or they will just have really balanced scoring (think the current Celtics). The only problem last season was the bench lacking depth and the decent players were hurt. Rudy needs to step up his defense some but his explosiveness helps bring the place alive.

Nothing too exciting yet in this free agency. Gay, Pierce, Dirk and Johnson are all staying put.

Looks like Amare is going to NY.

The Lakers signed Steve Blake. That's a great pick up for them. I wonder if he will start in front of Fisher? I'd rather have Fisher taking shots in the playoffs, but I think Blake is a better overall PG.

Hmmm....didnt know the Lakers signed anyone and I havent heard of Steve Blake. Ill have to check this guy out.

Yea sounds like Amare is going to NY, and they think there is a chance Carmello and LeBron could end up there now too.

If LeBron and one or two other big names sign with the same team together, its gonna be very scary.