i simply cannot fucking stand it when...

i use software to make sure its automatically removed from my site, so as not to confuse anyone. i always got upset at the 29 north site cause everytime i browsed through it i found tons of stuff i wanted, but it would always say "sold out".

but at least its listed as sold out. Its not as bad as places like no idea that list EVERYTHING, and then its not until after you order, you find out half of your order was out of stock.

Guest scriptedrain
i use software to make sure its automatically removed from my site, so as not to confuse anyone. i always got upset at the 29 north site cause everytime i browsed through it i found tons of stuff i wanted, but it would always say "sold out".

but at least its listed as sold out. Its not as bad as places like no idea that list EVERYTHING, and then its not until after you order, you find out half of your order was out of stock.

That's how an online store SHOULD work. As much as I hate it when I see the "home" store page on Vinyl Collective after clicking a link to go to a record I want, it's nice to know what is and isn't in stock before I make a purchase and / or get my hopes up.

record distros list tons of amazing OOP/rare/limited etc. LPs as in stock and then you get an email saying they're all gone and the site just lags at updating their shit like a real business.

a lot of distros arent real business. most places who do distros dont have it in mind to be a business, or be professional. there are really only a handful of places that run their distro with the focus being on being a "business" or "professional" and staying on top of things.

That's how an online store SHOULD work. As much as I hate it when I see the "home" store page on Vinyl Collective after clicking a link to go to a record I want, it's nice to know what is and isn't in stock before I make a purchase and / or get my hopes up.

My thoughts exactly.

I miss 29North. That was my favorite distro as far as catering to my tastes goes.

You guys are cry babies. Before the internet you used to get this thing called a catalog which was usually outdated. You would have to write everything you wanted on an order form, send a check, wait for your check to clear then have your stuff mailed, and then get a credit slip if they dont have your stuff.

You guys are cry babies. Before the internet you used to get this thing called a catalog which was usually outdated. You would have to write everything you wanted on an order form, send a check, wait for your check to clear then have your stuff mailed, and then get a credit slip if they dont have your stuff.

I kinda miss the excitement of ordering a record based solely on a description in a catalog.

I don't miss wasting money on records that sucked 'cause I coulnd't hear the band beforehand.

im well aware of how catalog/mailorder worked. i got most of my original collection through mailorders long before online distros were the way to go.

but there it was excusable. you cant easily (or even AT ALL), go and edit everyones paper catalogs once they have gotten them. so a credit slip was normal, and almost expected in some cases.

however now with the internet, you can easily remedy this in a matter of seconds, or use software that has that function built in to do it automatically.

its understandable to get behind and have it happen once or twice or something here and there, but its another thing to be notorious for having half of your online catalog out of date

ebullition is an example of doing it right. They do the old style text webpage, but keep it updated in removing out of stock items right away. they also send out catalogs as well taht go out of date/stock, and thats understandable, but they are on top of removing webpage stuff.

yeah, and then you had to walk uphill in a snowstorm both ways getting to the post office and back.

I kinda miss the excitement of ordering a record based solely on a description in a catalog.

I don't miss wasting money on records that sucked 'cause I coulnd't hear the band beforehand.

YES! It is so much easier now to find new good music.

Guest scriptedrain

They also used to travel by horse. You can't give people shit for living in a different time period. Come, join us!

Guest scriptedrain
I never waited for my check to clear because I used money orders. That's how I got my very first record. *Sniff* Memories!

Haha :) What was it?

a little different, But yesterday i was going to order 2 7"s from this mailorder place in london and i went to pay and they said "now becuase of so much fraud we can no longer accept credit cards".

they dont take paypal or anything. how shitty is that.

I still want the records but this is fucking annoying

a little different, But yesterday i was going to order 2 7"s from this mailorder place in london and i went to pay and they said "now becuase of so much fraud we can no longer accept credit cards".

they dont take paypal or anything. how shitty is that.

I still want the records but this is fucking annoying

I wasn't buying anything, but I found a site online somewhere that said that too. Are we going to revert back to a cash-only society someday?