Possible Favorite Vinyl Release of 2008

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking about packaging, then I would have to say Park - Building a Better _______ not to suck up or anything but it was a great package and all the details were amazing. Otherwise off the top of my head I'm really glad Gutter Phenomenon was pressed, I know it was already but I'm glad it was pressed by itself.

as of right now im gonna go with the thursday envy split. i love everything about it. park is up there too, very impressive especially considering it was one of your first releases. the only thing that can dethrone the thursday envy split though would be portugal the man's censored colors, but i'll have to wait until that arrives in the mail to make a final decision.

Thats a tough one but I think mine might be The '59 Sound. Nice simple gatefold package. Colors matched the art perfectly.

I think my favorite color of vinyl I got this year was New Lexicon on blue/green swirl. Thats one bad ass looking record.

As a whole package Id have to go with The '59 Sound tho.

I have to say that, as a whole package, some of the Robotic Empire stuff released this year is just so damn nice. Capsule 'Blue' and Gods and Queens' album are amazing both in terms of sound and packaging. I love the gatefold covers with the CD insert, the vinyl colors, all of it.

Others:

'59 Sound - Great record, nice simple graphic design that goes well with the spirit of the music

Young Widows: Old Woulds - That ugly-ass cover graphic is the perfect visual for the gritty, reverby awesomeness of the music. This looks so good on that semi-translucent tan color.

Olehole: Holemole - this looks great on white, and the songs are amazing.

Helms Alee - The EP on Rome Plow is so kick-ass. The screened covers, etched b-side, everything about this release is so well thought out.

Coalesce: Functioning re-issue. A true classic masterpiece, and the new packaging reminds me of why I love the vinyl format so much.