this is the worst night i've had ever

adammuzzy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it; if he didn't have any weed on him and if they didn't find any in the room, only the scale, how can they press any charges? There's no evidence.

Really. He could have had scales for figuring out postage amounts or some shit. Unless having them was a violation of the suspended sentence guidelines he was under for the previous shit.

^^This is probably correct.

Last week a friend of mine lost his wife an four of his five kids in a car accident. I found out the next day that the other car in the accident was driven by another person I know who I went to high school with. You ain't got it so bad.

good job, dude. you totally one upped him. why bother posting the last sentence?

sucks about your friend man. stay strong.

in regards to the scale, this is a college. they can probably find a way to do anything they want.

Right, but how could the police charge him with anything? I can see arresting him on suspicion, but they can't actually press charges unless they find proof.

I'm pretty sure Scott is right here and it sounds like news your friend should hear. There's no fucking way for having a scale at college you can get charged for drugs. None whatsoever. Especially with no other hard evidence. Find him a lawyer, there's a ton who should be willing to take the case. That should help your friend.

i don't know if your buddy actually lived on campus or what, or what the rules are there, but i know at SIU they have a rule against any drugs/alcohol/or any paraphanalia whatsoever (even like, you can't hang a Bud Light poster on your wall), so maybe in the fine print somewhere it does actually say that a scale is considered to be paraphanalia even if you can use scales for other things like weighing mail.

i'd be careful before you go up against a school because they can fuck up the rest of your life if you get on their bad side, but by all means, look into whether or not they have that printed anywhere. it's worth a shot, because nobody wants to do 10-20.

I don't know about his particular situation exactly.

But... I have grown up in VA my whole life. I used to do a lot a bad things. (nothing crazy just selling/doing dope etc)

I can guarantee that if all he has is those 2 charges, he will get absolutely no time whatsoever. Even if he does have 20 over his head.

How the hell did he get 20 years on his head for weed!!!, nowhere would give you that, that is even waaaaaaayyy beyond the guidelines!, by like 15 years.

Very sorry that happened:(

Tell him as soon as he get's out of the hospital to see a lawyer, I have a feeling he is blowing it extremely crazy out of proportion.

Again I am sorry to hear about that. Take it as a lesson learned for yourself, and I certainly hope your friend comes out ok.

also, my friend joey was talking to me about mike's situation. and he was thinking about reason's he would tell mike why his life is still worth it, and then realized that he has nothing in his life worth living for. so, fucking a. 2 of my 4 friends at school are freaking the fuck out.

worst.

It's not college unless you face felony charges.

It's not so bad, I faced 5-10 years myself and got off more-or-less scott-free. Things happen, and eventually you'll be able to look back and laugh at it. Even though it sounds dick, oakland is right in saying it's not so bad. What's life without its ups and downs?

^the charges he has 10-20 for are like possession/distribution of a half pound, possession distribution of class b (perc's), possession of alcohol by a minor, all of this in a school zone.

So they actually found drugs in his room/in his possession?

this is what he got caught with back in western mass in our town, and already went to court for in september.