TEENAGE BOTTLEROCKET / THE ERGS! UTI 7" announced

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

We are excited to announce the fourth release of our Under the Influence series. The series finds bands we love recording songs that have influenced their song writing. The artwork is being done by the very talented Mitch Clem and Nation of Amanda who has been asked to make his own renditions of the album art that the song being covered originally appeared. For this fourth release, Teenage Bottlerocket are covering "Having a Blast" by Green Day and The Ergs! are covering "Blockhead” by Devo. The 7"s will come with a coupon that will allow you to download the tracks as mp3s. The 7" will be pressed as an edition of 2,000 copies (300 on Translucent Red vinyl, 700 on Translucent Green w/ black splatter vinyl, 1,000 on Partly Cloudy Sky Blue vinyl). The Under the Influence series will also be available at your favorite digital retailer the around the end of December. You can listen to each band's cover at their respective myspace pages tomorrow as well as our http://www.vinylcollective.com/under-the-influence-series Under the Influence streaming player.

I just have to go on record and say that Mitch and Amanda are absolutely killing it. Can you imagine how much time went into the Teenage Bottlerocket cover? Here is a link to the http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/mediafiles/others/tbr_erg/SH104-7_tbr_300.jpg so you can see all of the many nuances that were put into the cover art. Everyone please give Mitch and Amanda virtual hi-fives for the spectacular job they are doing.

Pre-order will be posted tomorrow at 2pm Mountain time. Thursday, November 20th 2pm Mountain.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That cover looks great!

Any chance to make the downloads mp3 instead of the mp4...m4p...or whatever they are. I can't play them on my PC. :(

they haven't been mp3s? what choo talking about willis?

That cover looks great!

Any chance to make the downloads mp3 instead of the mp4...m4p...or whatever they are. I can't play them on my PC. :(

Nope. I downloaded Vol. 1 last night when I got my order in and they were not mp3s. They were mp4 or the file extension playable on iTunes only. Unless you have converting software of course. And yes...I'm not THAT tech-savyy.

That cover makes me want mitch clem to do a punkrock wheres waldo style book. kudos to him indeed.

Also, will this be the absolute final ergs release? Does anyone know if theres still something being put out by anyone else?

I believe we can still look forward to the "Hindsight" LP, a split with The Measure (SA) on No Idea, and a one-sided 7" called "Thrash Compactor".

Nope. I downloaded Vol. 1 last night when I got my order in and they were not mp3s. They were mp4 or the file extension playable on iTunes only. Unless you have converting software of course. And yes...I'm not THAT tech-savyy.

On a side note to this, it is very nice that they've included the full resolution artwork with the download. Also, the mp4's are encoded in a very high format (the file size is huge!) and I just converted them to v0 mp3s using SoundConverter on my iMac.

Also, I'll be ordering the 3 pack of this as well! Can't wait :)