Wretched:

[image]

Secret Lives! (ad scanned into computer):

[image]

Lo' and Beholds (local band to Charlotte, NC):

[image]

Junior Astronomers (local band to Charlotte, NC):

[image]

Harvard (an AMAZING band from Charlotte, NC - seriously check them out: myspace.com/harvard):

[image]

Also shot A Day to Remember last month but can't post finals until next month when the pic is Alternative Press magazine. Shooting Motionless in White for AP this weekend.

They are recording right now at Salad Days studio in Baltimore, MD (Brian the owner has recorded Circa Survive, The Bled, Darkest Hour, Hot Water Music, etc). We went down to the harbor to shoot in the van and as we set up it started to pour and the wind was gusting so bad my softbox was about to fly away. We ran back to the van and then back to the studio and shot these in the alleyway there. It's in the Fells Point part of Baltimore. I spent the whole weekend with them - awesome experience.

I'm about to put together a cool promo pack that will go into a 7" plastic sleeve. It has a wrap around cover that looks like photocopied and distorted photos are on it and when you open it there will be prints on fine art watercolor paper inside to show my portfolio and a cd at the end that has behind the scenes pics and videos and more outtakes from the shoots.

I guess those pics are nice, but all of those bands look like d-bags.

irony? of this post is that i overheard someone say the same thing about you based ONLY on your looks at a show at gar fart. I asked them if they knew you, they said they didnt, and I told them you weren't one. never saw that person again, they were standing at the door near manny and I at one of those IATA/Vinnie shows, or was it a chuck ragan show? fuck, I can't remember now!

oh, and the motionless in white comment I made is because my friend AJ started this 18 Visions ripoff band called Motionless and White, doing the band as a total joke, trying to be as cocky/"fashionable" as possible calling everyone bro's and having stage names. but then they found out there was a band called motionless in white that were exactly that and made the joke even better. changed their name to something else, and never actually played a show, they recorded a few songs but never got the ball rolling. would have been hilarious

I guess those pics are nice, but all of those bands look like d-bags.

irony? of this post is that i overheard someone say the same thing about you based ONLY on your looks at a show at gar fart. I asked them if they knew you, they said they didnt, and I told them you weren't one. never saw that person again, they were standing at the door near manny and I at one of those IATA/Vinnie shows, or was it a chuck ragan show? fuck, I can't remember now!

Haha, that's awesome. Musta been IATA cause I ended up not being able to see Chuck Ragan.

Those are nice photos. I really don't much care for or know any of those bands, but regardless, they're pretty awesome shots. I do think the Sleeping are pretty alright though.

I'm jealous. I wish I could be really good at photography. I dabble. Graphic design major takes priority over my other artistic endeavors though...I really want to get some of my stuff online but I'm so behind on editing the bulk of my stuff. During break I'll be doing a lot of photoshopping and editing.

Those are nice photos. I really don't much care for or know any of those bands, but regardless, they're pretty awesome shots. I do think the Sleeping are pretty alright though.

I'm jealous. I wish I could be really good at photography. I dabble. Graphic design major takes priority over my other artistic endeavors though...I really want to get some of my stuff online but I'm so behind on editing the bulk of my stuff. During break I'll be doing a lot of photoshopping and editing.

I'm pretty good at photography, and always wish I could do graphic design. It seems like it takes much more talent, and is more creative.

I'm pretty good at photography, and always wish I could do graphic design. It seems like it takes much more talent, and is more creative.

It's funny because sometimes I think how you think, only the other way around. Design comes kind of easy to me and I often see a lot of bad graphic design in the world around me and realize someone actually got paid to do that shit. Like it makes me feel good knowing I can make something look better without trying so I should in theory be able to find work, but at the same time I'm afraid it makes people think that anyone can do it.

I've always admired the process of photography, thinking out the shot, etc. And especially with photographing live music (my favorite subject matter when I take photos) it's so awesome being able to capture that moment in time...that split second and I admire those who can do that waaaay better than I ever could.

And god...I love shooting with film...I think that takes a lot of artistic merit.