axl rose sues dr. pepper

Unbeknownst to Axl, Dr. Pepper isn't a medical doctor, he's a doctor of LAW.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/arts/music/27pepp.html?_r=1&ref=music

he puts out an album 14 years in the making, and his next move? suing a soda company trying to do a fun promotion.

goddammit axl....just....goddammit.

FUN FACT: ever wonder how axl rose chose the name axl rose? simple. it's an anagram for oral sex.

Soo good,

The letter from Mr. Rose’s lawyers asks that Dr Pepper run apologetic full-page ads in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and other papers, giving customers more time to receive their free soda.

Dr Pepper countered by asking Axl Rose to run similar ads, apologizing for still making music, and extending extra remorse for making such awful awful music.

I don't understand why people think Axl is a dick for this.

It was a promotion to give away a free product, it isn't like Dr Pepper made any money off of it. All they did was try to give out soda. I don't think he's anymore of a dick than usual but to be like "They should extend the deadline and take out full page ads in all these major papers (like Guns n' Roses fans read papers?) and extended the deadline and pay Axl Rose" is silly. I didn't see anyone get sued over Taco Bell's "Steal a base steal a taco thing".

In other news, oral sex should sue Axl for making me think about him the next time I get a BJ.

Honestly? I'm giving Axl props for this. The dude is mad because a major company said they would do something, they didnt do it very well and he feels they should rectify the stitch and he knows he can do something about it, so he did.

Honestly it's pretty cool he's doing this, he could have sued them for using him as a marketing tool but instead he's suing them because they fucked up.

If Axl posted here I'd give him a +1

On a side note, I did sign up and will be getting my free Dr. Pepper...

You better!

Also, who the fuck do you kids think you are? I spent the better part of most of your lives crafting the masterpiece that is Chinese Democracy and you think it's okay for every piece of shit to profit of my blood, sweat and extensions? I'll tell you the same thing I told that bucket wearing freak, "Save that shit for the colonel"...It made more sense for him.

You better!

Also, who the fuck do you kids think you are? I spent the better part of most of your lives crafting the masterpiece that is Chinese Democracy and you think it's okay for every piece of shit to profit of my blood, sweat and extensions? I'll tell you the same thing I told that bucket wearing freak, "Save that shit for the colonel"...It made more sense for him.

hahahahahaha +1 kind sir!

I actually hope Dr. Pepper loses. I'm kind of pissed about the promotion because their site was down all day, so I couldn't get a coupon. They should have offered it for a week or something. Did anyone actually get the coupon?

i dont think so. it said it'd take 4-6 weeks to be mailed to you.

the album is a piece of shit. dr pepper was clearly attempting to latch onto some free publicity. i dont think they ever cared about people getting a free dr. pepper. im not surprised by any of this.

incase anyone is interested, my girlfriends best buy got about 1200 copies of this album. they scanned, oh... about 40 copies thus far and not more than a 1000 in the entire district. ouch. axl better hope for better numbers elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...