MXPX ruin "All Aboard" comp.

I've always felt that MXPX is one of the worst bands to ever walk this earth, and i'm stunned that they've stuck around as long as they have. But they've gone beyond shit with their limp cover of "Hey Porter" on the "All Aboard" compilation tribute to Johnny Cash. I've been playing that compilation in the record store i work at and whenever their track comes on i feel embarrassed to be playing such a pathetic song. Granted that comp has quite a few mediocre songs, but there's is beyond bad.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MxPx is my favorite band ever, always. I'm sure this cover is terrible though. One of the worst bands ever, not even close.

Mxpx was awesome all the way through "The Ever Passing Moment" everything I heard after that has been terrible but I've actually read that Secret Weapon was alright but never check it out because, "Before Everything And After" sucked so much and I just gave up on them. They were actually the first band I really got into because my mom used to run a Christian bookstore and she got in demos from Tooth and Nail bands all the time and gave them too me when I was like 7-10. Mxpx, Supertones, Slick Shoes, Five Iron Frenzy, and other random bands like that is what I grew up on.

MxPx is my favorite band ever, always. I'm sure this cover is terrible though. One of the worst bands ever, not even close.

Mxpx was awesome all the way through "The Ever Passing Moment" everything I heard after that has been terrible but I've actually read that Secret Weapon was alright but never check it out because, "Before Everything And After" sucked so much and I just gave up on them. They were actually the first band I really got into because my mom used to run a Christian bookstore and she got in demos from Tooth and Nail bands all the time and gave them too me when I was like 7-10. Mxpx, Supertones, Slick Shoes, Five Iron Frenzy, and other random bands like that is what I grew up on.

i actually liked Panic. i thought it was better than secret weapon.

"I've always felt that MXPX is one of the worst bands to ever walk this year..."

I'm guessing you're an English major.

Anyone else notice that as we inch closer and closer to the one-year anniversary of 12/18, Jeff's becoming more and more of a dick to people on here?

maybe, but i dont think anybody cares. this board is full of dicks. or maybe it's full of pussies?

[image]

even the Chuck song is luke warm on it...yeah...I had super high hopes on it and it's really weird...but certainly MxPx threw the suckitude into overdrive recording that song...

and as much as an outspoken asshole-athiest I am on this board, MxPx was amaxing from Teenage Politics through the Live Record...that band used to know how to write some catchy as hell songs...only derailed occasionally with Jeebus references.

this time-line may be a little off but:

17 + Small Town Minds 7"s, good stuff

Teenage Politics, good with great songs

covers album, decent selection of oddball covers

Life in General sampler(a few demo versions of LIG songs that are better, surprise, surprise...)

Move to Bremerton CDEP, the first thing Iever heard, still love these alternate versions of LIG songs.

Life In General, fucking great

Slowly Going the Way of the Buffalo, fucking great(my favorite of em all)

Let It Happen, great great collection of odds and ends, soo many good songs...

Broken Bones EP(good not great...but in hindsight...kinda pointed to where they were going...

at the show Live record, don't own it, but heard it and it's fun...decent Ramones cover...from there on i heard the Fat Wreck CDEP and I was done...but somehow ended up with the next 2 or 3 CDs from my radio show, but never listened to them...

yeah...deep dark secret guilty pleasure that I don't deny one bit