College Football Bowl Season

i dont' give a shit if UT made the championship bowl or not, but TECH getting cut out of a bcs was kinda crappy.. i feel for them... really i do

I think there may be a rule against having three teams from the same conference in the BCS.

imo, the best teams should get in, regardless of conference.

well, to a point.

seriously, if people think that cincy is one of the top 8 football teams in the nation, they're dreaming.

The BCS isn't supposed to place the top 8 teams (it's actually ten, now), they're supposed to match up the top two, that's it.

While there are some definite snoozers this year (FAU - Central Mich, anyone?), there are some really good matchups, too: Oklahoma St - Oregon, Texas - OSU, Ga Tech - LSU, Boise St - TCU, etc.

i'm just happy my nittany lions are in the rose bowl.

...and arent forced to play oregon state, a team they already blew out of the water once this season.

but yeah, sucks for tech.

So you're looking forward to playing USC?

Everyone says Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Texas would beat USC. I say why all the conjecture? I bet USC versus any of the above mentioned teams would be a more interesting game than any bowl game that's currently set.

FACT: You can't have a true champion without a playoff. Period.

...and arent forced to play oregon state, a team they already blew out of the water once this season.

Everyone says Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Texas would beat USC. I say why all the conjecture? I bet USC versus any of the above mentioned teams would be a more interesting game than any bowl game that's currently set.

I think USC will destroy Penn State and would crush Alabama.

USC vs. Texas would be closer, but I still think USC would win.

USC vs. either Florida or Oklahoma would be awesome (I'd give the edge to UF or OU though, all things being equal).

eh, i wouldnt say excited, being that i think there's a good chance psu will lose haha.

if the entire penn state team could get their heads out of their asses at the same time and play up to their potential for one full game, we'd be right up there with alabama, texas, etc.

but at least it won't just be a rematch.

I think USC will destroy Penn State and would crush Alabama.

USC vs. Texas would be closer, but I still think USC would win.

USC vs. either Florida or Oklahoma would be awesome (I'd give the edge to UF or OU though, all things being equal).

The speed on Florida worries me as an SC fan and the ability to run and pass by OK worries me as well. I'd just like to see those games.

i think penn state should be in the title game. the had like 6 bad minutes of football all year and are ranked like 8th because of it. the whole system is bullshit.

And SC because they had a bad half against a team that almost was playing in the Rose Bowl, what about them? You can't bitch when you lose, take it from me.

Really, honestly, we just need a damn playoff. Let players decide it, for christ sake they'll play what, one or two more games at the most.

i think penn state should be in the title game. the had like 6 bad minutes of football all year and are ranked like 8th because of it. the whole system is bullshit.

penn state's always getting screwed for one reason or another.

i've sort of gotten used to it...which is sad.

when they got leap frogged by tech after they beat texas, i knew it was only going to be downhill from there.

when they got leap frogged by tech after they beat texas, i knew it was only going to be downhill from there.

That was also on of the best games in the history of college football, by the way. And I'm not just saying that as a Tech fan, I'm saying that as a sports fan. You couldn't of asked for anything more, and the pollsters and all saw that.

That was also on of the best games in the history of college football, by the way. And I'm not just saying that as a Tech fan, I'm saying that as a sports fan. You couldn't of asked for anything more, and the pollsters and all saw that.

i'll give them that. my buddy in TX who's a huge tech fan and i have been going back and forth about our respective teams all season haha.

the best college game (albeit a bowl game) i've ever seen was the OU/boise state fiesta bowl in 2007. that ending was insane.

a tech/psu bowl matchup would be nice.