I haven't seen Gaslight live since August...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks to be in the UK and enjoy music, english music all sounds fucking awful, if I hear one more person tell me how good Oasis or The Pigeon Detectives are I'm gonna shit a brick fist and kill them with it.

If you do this, take pics. I'm interested in how that would work.

There's gotta be some good British music. Ever listened to this band called The Beatles? ;)

I don't think there's a single band that I've seen live that I go "man, it's been too long since I've seen them..."

I don't know about you Gaslight fans, you're odd.

I'm sure you could name a few bands. I know waxwing is one of mine, I think they're officially done now, but when they were playing, it was so random, like once or twice a year. Ummmmm, I can't really think of any others. Lots of bands I want to see again asap, but not really bumming about it, including gaslight. will be nice to finally see them play, but whatever, it will happen.

Sucks to be in the UK and enjoy music, english music all sounds fucking awful, if I hear one more person tell me how good Oasis or The Pigeon Detectives are I'm gonna shit a brick fist and kill them with it.

There's gotta be some good British music. Ever listened to this band called The Beatles? ;)

I figured given the nature of the bands in discussion it was pretty much a given we were discussing bands currently able to tour without members of said band being zombies.

and just to reitterate THERE ARE NO GOOD (CURRENT) ENGLISH BANDS!

August -> December = 4 months.

Of my top 3 bands:

Pedro the Lion broke up before I even heard of them, and I have yet to see David Bazan.

The Mae Shi came here this summer for a 21+ show, and I can't even find a record of them playing here before then.

Last time I saw mewithoutYou was last October, doing a 30-minute set opening for Brand New.

Some people way out in the sticks or in other countries may have to wait upwards of 5 years for their favorite band to come through.

I think you'll be alright.

I've never seen any of my favourite bands play, sure I've seen bands play who I own all their recorded material, but never got to see Portugal. The Man, mewithoutYou, Norma Jean, Dillinger, The Walkmen. Sucks to be in the UK and enjoy music, english music all sounds fucking awful, if I hear one more person tell me how good Oasis or The Pigeon Detectives are I'm gonna shit a brick fist and kill them with it.

dude, dillinger played earlier in the year, sure they'll be back soon, mewithoutyou and norma jean have been over here recently too!

I figured given the nature of the bands in discussion it was pretty much a given we were discussing bands currently able to tour without members of said band being zombies.

A massive fuck you to you!

I've never seen any of my favourite bands play, sure I've seen bands play who I own all their recorded material, but never got to see Portugal. The Man, mewithoutYou, Norma Jean, Dillinger, The Walkmen. Sucks to be in the UK and enjoy music, english music all sounds fucking awful, if I hear one more person tell me how good Oasis or The Pigeon Detectives are I'm gonna shit a brick fist and kill them with it.

dude, dillinger played earlier in the year, sure they'll be back soon, mewithoutyou and norma jean have been over here recently too!

I can't afford to drive down to London to see Brand New and mwY, no bands ever come to the midlands when they tour England, just like they never mention us on the weather report, biggest part of the island, but always ignored.

the minty experiance, i mean Citizen Fish are a good english band. other than that, can't think of many active ones that are that great. Cock Sparrer, Pogues, and Adicts if you want to count them, bu they've mostly not done anything new in quite some time and just play shows rarely.

ha thanks dude :D

don't forget subhumans too...they are so good live.

Chillerton?

I can't afford to drive down to London to see Brand New and mwY, no bands ever come to the midlands when they tour England, just like they never mention us on the weather report, biggest part of the island, but always ignored.

Isn't Birmingham in the midlands? My mate Lee (posts here too) lives up there and sees a bunch of shows.