I HATE THE BEATLES.

pjaicomo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this hating on the Beatles is shit. Regardless of liking them or not I think they deserve credit for how they (along with other bands) helped shape a large branch of music into what it is today. I mean "Helter Skelter" was recorded in 1968 and I don't think anyone could dissuade me from thinking it was one of the largest/earliest steps towards modern rock. I don't like how so many people are still all over their nuts, but overrated isn't even the proper term.

How many times is someone going to come on this thread and say "you can't deny the Beatles did . . ." whatever?

I can and I am denying all of the above. This started out with me saying that I hate the Beatles (see the thread title), then a bunch of people who apparently like the Beatles came in here and told me that I had to respect them. I don't have to, and I don't.

The point I made with my Wham Theory of Exponential Music Shift is that ANY and EVERY band that had any commercial success somehow changed music forever.

The argument that they made pop music what it is today is easily dismissed by me personally because I am extremely dissatisfied with pop music today.