isis box set

flood

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there is a special place in hell for whatever asshole is using this box set for flipping and trying to make a buck. If you want to make money buy stock in Apple or start selling meth. I am sure ISIS meant the whole project to be a celebration of the band and all of there accomplishments, not another way to have nerds make money. I've been collecting my whole life and it's due to my genuine love of records and their packaging, profit has never entered my mind. I would only hope that everyone else would have a similar view in light of the immensity of the release. That being said....if I get shafted on getting this I would be willing to throw in unopened copies of both the red and clear japanese bag versions of the latest LP on top of the sticker price in order to get me one of the boxes from said potential profiteers.

I really wanna see some photos of someone who has got theirs, I know Aaron Turner put some on his blog, but I want better ones, kinda like that awesome set of photos for the in rainbows discbox. (that made me buy the freakin thing)

I'll post some if i get mine first, it was shipped within 4 hours of me ordering. I think i may have been one of the first, although that doesnt really have much impact on the speed of the postal service.

themidnighter over at DF received his copy already and posted pics (he lives in France and that's how he got it so quick)

Box

[image]

Booklet

[image]

Mosquito Control

[image]

A closer look at Mosquito Control

[image]

Red Sea

[image]

Sawblade

[image]

Celestial disc 1

[image]

Celestial dics 2

[image]

Sgnl05

[image]

Oceanic disc 1

[image]

Oceanic disc 2

[image]

Panopticon disc 1

[image]

Panopticon disc 2

[image]

In The Absence of Truth disc 1

[image]

In The Absence of Truth disc 2

[image]

He went to further say: "well so it's all awesome, every sleeve is written on both sides with glossy ink... I'm just missing an obi strip to keep the box sealed, like they did for the oceanic remixes."

So yeah...this thing looks massive and amazing...

Yeah the corners of the outer box on mine were a little dented, but there is almost another box worth of cardboard inside protecting the vinyl box, plus the bubble wrap and additional corner reinforcing under the bubble wrap

Curious about the poster that comes with the set (at least thats what I thought came with the set), is it the logo print? How big is it? How does it come packaged?

Thanks and congrats for getting yours already

I cannot fucking wait. may even have to call out when mine comes just to geek with it

I never thought this came w/ a poster. Unless I missed it being mentioned when it was first announced.

This is from Conspiracys blog awhile back -

"celebrate a decade of being a band, ISIS, CONSPIRACY RECORDS and ROBOTIC EMPIRE announce the details for a 10th anniversary box set release. This fall, the Boston-to-Los Angeles transplants will release their entire studio recordings in one deluxe 12 vinyl-LP box set. With an oversized poster insert and cloth-bound, foil-stamped custom box, the band is aiming to make this set something their avid collector fans will be proud to own."

http://conspiracyrecords.blogspot.com/2007/10/to-celebrate-decade-of-being-band-isis.html

Then i never heard anything else, so I am not sure if it actually was produced that way or if the poster-insert referenced something else....

Any idea?

Curious about the poster that comes with the set (at least thats what I thought came with the set), is it the logo print? How big is it? How does it come packaged?

Yeah the poster thing is in the second photo, it folds out twice vertically. I wouldnt call it a booklet though.. It does have lyrics on one side, the other is plain black. You could put it on your wall but that would ruin the completeness of your set :)

The box in the pics didn not look cloth-bound and the guy who took the pics I posted didn't make any mention of the poster...if any...

Weird...

Hey fridge! Besides the records and the booklet, anything else come in the box?

No thats pretty much it!

I can assure you that the box is not just plain cardboard... I'm not sure if its cloth as such but it has a nice texture to it.

I am assuming that the paper sleeves are just an extra in there to prevent shipping damage, because they dont seem to fit in the cardboard sleeves very well.

Not that I am complaining, but I am really surprised the set hasn't shown up on ebay yet. I was positive someone was going to throw it on auction as soon as they got it. Glad to see that hasn't happened yet, but its def a surprise to me.

I know, I was expecting to see one or two listed for auction a couple of days after the conspiracy batch was shipped. hopefully all the copies have gone to fans who plan on keeping them.