isis box set

flood

I had heard of the band from a few friends but never really checked out their music. It wasn't until I saw them open for TOOL in '06 at Amherst, MA...I can't remember the name of the amphitheater...I was blown away at how intense and loud they sounded. I was hooked from then on.

Just last year I flew up to Boston to catch two shows during their 10th anniversary tour...they were awesome.

I heard they played the red sea at some of those shows. Did you get to see that? I'd love to see them perform anything from Celestial or before. So heavy.

wow, that is pretty fast shipping. you live down the road from conspiracy?

germany... they sent it out yesterday... today it arrived...

Want to hook up some more detailed pics than on Aaron Turner's blog?

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

andrews...they did indeed play "The Red Sea"...that got the biggest reaction from the crowd...as soon as the sample of "You were away..." started, we all knew what song it was going to be...it was so fuckin' heavy to hear that live.

fuck...I know if I saw that it would be unending smiles for about a month. Probably my favourite ISIS song.

The highlight for me at those shows was when Maria and Ayl performed with the band on the 'Oceanic' songs "The Beginning and the End" and "Weight"....that was pretty fuckin' cool. And conversely, during 27's set, Aaron came out and performed with them during the song "April" which he did backing vocals for on their record...

Well...there are probably two schools of thought on this...

Being that it's a highly-anticipated item, it would be pretty fuckin' cool of RE to give everyone a headsup of when it's going up.

On the other hand, they can do whatever they want and throw up there at any given time without telling.

Either way, I am sure that they are well-aware of how much people want this. Andy (owner of RE, I believe? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) has posted a few things here and there over at the DF forums. Nothing about when it's going up but just telling people that it will go up and to be patient.