isis box set

flood

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been lurking this thread all week throughout the whole 'boxset-gate' ordeal and I have to say it's helped keep me (somewhat) sane. I managed to snag a Conspiracy copy after staying up all night on Wednesday waiting for the email. My friends/family all think I'm a complete nutjob for doing so but it's been cool to be able to come into this thread and see I'm not the only obsessed 'nutjob' out there!

I've been lurking this thread all week throughout the whole 'boxset-gate' ordeal and I have to say it's helped keep me (somewhat) sane. I managed to snag a Conspiracy copy after staying up all night on Wednesday waiting for the email. My friends/family all think I'm a complete nutjob for doing so but it's been cool to be able to come into this thread and see I'm not the only obsessed 'nutjob' out there!

I swear i'm in the same boat, this thread let me know i wasn't completely geeking - my wife is even caught up in it. We're both huge fans and were counting down since november for this thing to come out, then when news leaked about the set coming out, it became an all-night all-day thing for us. We got one from Conspiracy thank god, but all my friends missed out on it. So now I'm sucked in waiting for RE.

Karma to you for getting your set, congrats on it.

I swear i'm in the same boat, this thread let me know i wasn't completely geeking - my wife is even caught up in it. We're both huge fans and were counting down since november for this thing to come out, then when news leaked about the set coming out, it became an all-night all-day thing for us. We got one from Conspiracy thank god, but all my friends missed out on it. So now I'm sucked in waiting for RE.

Karma to you for getting your set, congrats on it.

Thanks, and to you too. I'm stoked, but I'm also hoping the other obsessed folks out there are able to snag one from Robo. Hopefully there are enough copies to go around to all the other Isis fanatics out there.

I don't know what time Conspiracy put theirs up...all I know is that I ordered mine from them at 7am EST...and they were sold out by 1pm or so (?)...RE will probably sell out faster.

Conspiracy put theirs up around 12pm Central European Time (4am Mountain Standard Time - where I was when I ordered, I think that's 5am EST?). I think Robo's copies will go twice as fast.

How many of these are being bought by people looking to make a quick buck?

I thought about buying two, because it would probably pay for itself and I might make a little money from it. But I thought about it, and it would be pretty fucked up considering how many people truly want this. If I missed the order and had to pay twice as much I'd be real upset. I don't want anyone to pay something crazy because they couldn't get to a computer. As a fellow collector there is no way I could do that.

How many of these are being bought by people looking to make a quick buck?

I thought about buying two, because it would probably pay for itself and I might make a little money from it. But I thought about it, and it would be pretty fucked up considering how many people truly want this. If I missed the order and had to pay twice as much I'd be real upset. I don't want anyone to pay something crazy because they couldn't get to a computer. As a fellow collector there is no way I could do that.

I just wonder if people are buying it because they know (think?) a lot of people want it? What the actually demand versus the perceived demand? Are people buying it based on that perceived demand?

I still haven't decided if I'd buy it.

I just wonder if people are buying it because they know (think?) a lot of people want it? What the actually demand versus the perceived demand? Are people buying it based on that perceived demand?

I still haven't decided if I'd buy it.

I really believe this is Isis fan demand. Buying something for $200+ simply to flip is a lot more risky than, say, $20, even if it is a guaranteed return that would still require a bit of thought. Also, judging by all the threads on all the message boards about this beast, it seems there are just a shitload of people genuinely gagging for this. Isis has a lot of fans and probably a good 60%+ of those are vinyl nerds.

Man, I hope I can get it from RE, I was slacking and fell asleep waiting for the Conspiracy one and it was sold out when I tried to get it. I wish it were a little more specific than "this week", I still haven't stopped refreshing the site. I'm sure it's going to go for a ridiculous price on eBay.

How long do you figure it will last after it goes up?

Even if I wanted to flip it on eBay, I couldn't justify paying that initial amount and run the risk of re-selling it...I already got my copy from Conspiracy...I'm now waiting to get one from RE for my brother...and the only reason I'm doing it is because 1) it's my bro and 2) it's his money...so no skin off my back on that latter reason...

I honestly think it's fan demand too. I know I've been so excited about this since I heard about it...and I'm not alone. Plus, only a few hundred of these things pressed, and Isis is known for low volume releases....

I really hope most if not all of these go to the real fans. I'm actually glad Conspiracy put a limit of one box per address to keep it fair.

Good luck to everyone going on RE for one, I'm keeping my eyes on the site and will post here when they hit. I'd much rather see everyone here get one than someone trying to flip them on ebay.

Just caught this on another forum, RE is saying : "pre orders will go up as soon as i know the EXACT quantity we are getting. an undertermined amout (10-ish) have vinyl damaged beyond sellable condition, so i still don't have an exact # of how many we'll have for sale. as soon as this figure is known (this week sometime) they will go up for sale."

Apparently now the number just dropped by 10.

The plot thickens.

Yeah, I just saw that there too. I've got RE, here and Dead Format all open and I keep refreshing and checking them. I figure between the three of them, I'll know about it right after they go up.

I figure there won't be that much of a window to snag one. I'm considering ordering random things from RE and doing time trials with a stop watch.

Yeah, I just saw that there too. I've got RE, here and Dead Format all open and I keep refreshing and checking them. .

That's exactly what I am doing. I got my set from Conspiracy, keeping an eye out for the forum and for a good friend of mine who missed out on the Conspiracy rush.

Even after this is all said and done, I'm now addicted to DF and this forum completely. Just browsing trade lists keeps me busy for hours lol

i hope really hope they put a 1per. on this order. if i can't get one because some scum bag ordered 2, 1 to keep and 1 to sell, i will want his/hers blood. fuck that! if you get 2 copies, 1 for you an a 1 for a pal, that's ok, looking out for your friend is cool, just don't be a vinyl hog.