is it not possible for colored vinyl to be 180g?

Guest scriptedrain

You guys beat me to New Wave.

A related question, is 180 gram the heaviest / best way to put out a 12"? I always assumed it was because I've never heard any heavier, but I figured now would be a good time to ask.

Another related question, what's the equivalent to 180 gram for 7"s?

Nope, I have heard of releases on 220g. That said, its few and far between.

You guys beat me to New Wave.

A related question, is 180 gram the heaviest / best way to put out a 12"? I always assumed it was because I've never heard any heavier, but I figured now would be a good time to ask.

I think 7" are like 120g, though I'm not sure. I think a heavyweight 7" would be about 140g.

Nope, I have heard of releases on 220g. That said, its few and far between.

That's "true audiophile" vinyl. If you look at musicdirect.com, they have some. But it's expensive.

I have no idea, but you know what would be totally awesome? A 180g 7". I would buy it.

70g for a 7" is the equivalent to 180g for a 12". The Coalesce Salt & Passage 7" was pressed on 70g and it sounds GREAT.

not cheap in the slightest. however, based on the equipment/set up most people on this board own you really won't notice a big difference in the standard 120-140g to those of the 180g. most of the quality youll notice is how its been mastered and how the grooves are cut (if a records grooves are cut too close to one another the quality lacks).

Woah, I had no idea this was even on vinyl, let alone white 180-gram vinyl. Virgil, can you stock this??

Also, does the Blank-Wave Arcade Remixes picture disc still go for a ton of money like it did back in the day? I have one of those I bought a loooooong time ago.