New (old) AFI albums at Hot Topic.

daniel

So I noticed Hot Topic has Black Sails In The Sunset and The Art of Drowning on vinyl online. I called my local store and the have them too, but they don't know if they're represses or anything like that. Anyone know what color these are? I'm going to buy one of each regardless, I'm just curious if there are multiple variants or if they're all black.

I got Against Me-Reinventing Axl Rose last night at Hot Topic. It wasn't as good as ive heard but maybe I have to give it more listens. They had a ton of good records though Minor Threat, Scream, Dillinger Four, Gaslight Anthem, They even had the Tim Barry Solo LP. They even had the 80s punk thrash band Stormtroopers of Death. I wonder how they decide what the store orders because the employees are clueless to the records it seems like.

With these it's like this: First they pressed each album on black (no-one knows how many copies, but I wouldn't say way more than 500). After that they put each one on one or more colors and put a sticker on the front saying exactly what color it is. Those are limited to 300-500 (the exact number is on most of those stickers). After that they just started repressing them on random colors whenever they run out of the lot (the word is they press 300 at a time). So there's 300 copies of each color, but infinite number of colors. (however it seems like some colors are used more often since grey copies of all albums show up on ebay every few weeks, and some of the colors I've seen only once or twice in the nearly 3 years of collecting).