10 inch vs 1 sided 12 inch.

chaps

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about skipping the gimmicks and instead do a 45rpm 12" with music on both sides for better sound quality?

Or since it will cost labels the same, press the same thing on both sides, so It will be like buying 2 copies at once, if one gets scratched or played to death you have a second.

It's not the same thing - if you squeeze all the music on one side, the sound quality will drop, compared to splitting it over two sides. The closer the groove gets to the center of the record, the worse the sound will get.

How about skipping the gimmicks and instead do a 45rpm 12" with music on both sides for better sound quality?

This is the correct answer. Can't believe it took a page and a half.

If your plant will charge you more for a second plate, then go with 1-sided 12" and put something on the B-side.

45 rpm 12"

unless you can fit it at 45 on a 10"

It depends how many records you want pressed, along with how you are printing the covers, but a 10" could feasably cost the same (+/- $100)

my band lie and wait did a one sided 12"

we screen printed the b-side

the angel print was for preorders/internet orders only

and the snowflake side says winter tour 08, they were a tour press.

[image]

i would vote for a 1 sided 12" with printing/etching on the b-side vs. a 10"..I think it's harder to sell vinyl that isn't 7" alot of the time so you have to do something cool for people to buy them. plus it looks awesome.

Every time I listen to NMB-Loud About Loathing all I can think about is that side B just sits there like a limp dick with no redeeming qualities. Whatever size, just don't make a record with the exact same thing on both sides. I don't care if you spit a loogie on side B, just make it different.

Thats absolutely retarded. Its and extra copy of the record, for the same price, why would you rather have some lame pattern etched in instead of music?

Every time I listen to NMB-Loud About Loathing all I can think about is that side B just sits there like a limp dick with no redeeming qualities. Whatever size, just don't make a record with the exact same thing on both sides. I don't care if you spit a loogie on side B, just make it different.

Thats absolutely retarded. Its and extra copy of the record, for the same price, why would you rather have some lame pattern etched in instead of music?

etched vinyl can be pretty awesome...

[image]

if you want I can post pics of the 8xLP version of Mission of Burma's the Obliterati, all one sided, with all 8 having uniqure b side drawings by Shepard Fairy etched into them.

etched vinyl can be pretty awesome...

[image]

if you want I can post pics of the 8xLP version of Mission of Burma's the Obliterati, all one sided, with all 8 having uniqure b side drawings by Shepard Fairy etched into them.

Lamer than 46 variants of reinventing axle rose.