Good Documentaries

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man i forgot what it's called but i saw it a couple months ago at 4 in the morning down at school. it was ironic that i watched it that late because it was about insomnia. it was really well done. fuck i wish i remembered the name of it. it was about this guy who is a documentary filmmaker (the film was actually an autobiography, if you can call it that) and he has insomnia and a new born baby. so he's SUPER protective of his baby's sleep habits so that the kid doesn't end up like him, and stay up all night doing useless things just because he can't sleep.

Guest xsteponmex
i saw one about men and real dolls. it was insanely creepy! not worth owning but definitely worth checking out.

ahhhhh seriously i saw that too and how weird

so fucked up. "gotta clean them out a few times a month or they start smelling like fish"

haha apparently there's a movie (like, a feature film) about this boy who is dating a girl and she dies somehow - car accident i think but i dont know - and hes so crushed by it that the only way he can love again is by dating a real doll. at first everybody thinks its real odd, but they dont say anything cause his gf just died, but eventually they all warm up to the idea and like, they treat her like a real person. she has a job in town, the whole shebang. its real weird.

Deliver Us From Evil - about the most notorious pedophile priest in US history

This Film Is Not Yet Rated - about the shady people who assign movie ratings

Jesus Camp - about religious indoctrination of children

Manda Bala - about government corruption and kidnapping in Brazil

Bus 174 - about a robbery/hostage situation in Brazil gone wrong

Grizzly Man - about a nutjob who spent the summers living with grizzly bears in Alaska

Those are a few of my favourite documentaries. Also, Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman's Long Way Round and Long Way Down series about traveling around the world on their motorcycles is pretty amazing.

I am going to get some shit for this ha ha but behind the paint by violent J of icp is actually a really good documentary style book..

they might make super shitty music but they are fucking business geniuses

here are two recent favorites

1. HENRY DARGER. IN THE REALM OF THE UNREAL: the late henry darger is a respected artist now... but during his tortured life he worked as a janitor, where he was secretly writing and painting a 15,000 page novel about a group of young girls with penises (they were called the vivan girls) that fought wars and went on grand adventures. no one found the book until he left his job at the hospital where he worked. they do a really good job at actually animating his paintings as they tell the story about the dude, and the novel he wrote. he actually kept statistics and death tolls for all the battles he wrote about too. really, really entertaining movie. im pretty sure this is where the vivian girls the band got their name too.

2. RESPECT YOURSELF. THE STAX RECORDS STORY: great movie about one of the great soul labels ever.