Red Ring of Death

fuck man, this finally happened to me today. I knew I was getting too lucky for too long seeing as I've had my 360 for a little over 2 years now and most of my friends had gotten this within the first year, but it's still a total bummer. Any one have any good advice? I just contact microsoft and they should fix it, right?

If it is still under warranty, call MS and they'll send you a box to ship it to them in.

it doesnt need to be under warranty so to speak. mine was out of its warranty, but its less than three years old, so they did it for free. it should actually be back any day now.

best part is that after they fix it, you get a full years warranty on it again!

This happened to me a few months ago (right in the middle of me playing Fable 2) and it took about 2 weeks. I've heard of it taking up to 2 months though, I guess it just depends on how many systems they have coming in at the time.

They really should offer you more for the inconvenience than just a free month of XBox Live.

If you have an older XBOX and you get a RROD you should be considering it a GOOD thing. You're getting a NEW or at least refurbished console. Why would you argue that? Chances are you'll get one back that has HDMI too!

I thought they just resolder the thing? i dont think you get a new one, and if you do, they would never upgrade you to an elite with hdmi.

If you have an older XBOX and you get a RROD you should be considering it a GOOD thing. You're getting a NEW or at least refurbished console. Why would you argue that? Chances are you'll get one back that has HDMI too!

I thought they just resolder the thing? i dont think you get a new one, and if you do, they would never upgrade you to an elite with hdmi.

I got a new one when mine RROD and the regular models have HDMI now, not just the Elites.

I got a new one when mine RROD and the regular models have HDMI now, not just the Elites.

SERIOUSLY?! OMG IF MINE HAS HDMI I WILL SHIT MY PANTS!

I've been borrowing my room mates every so often and he has an elite. God damn the shit looks beautiful.