questions for the "collectors"

^^ agreed. i definitely like having domestic/import versions just because there are many differences in the pressing. sometimes i'll grab two colours or something if it's a release i really like.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the Bad Religion collector-dude said, it's just like collecting anything else. It's not a do or don't-situation; I collect and I listen to the music! I have like 5-6 bands I'd like to own everything with. Other bands I just need one record. It's just the collectors-disease I guess.

Oh I just love it when a whole box is filled with CBK's handnumbered tour pressings :-) Can't explain it!

I think there's a big difference between collecting all the variants of a record that has 2 or 3 different colored pressings (or maybe a tour edition and a regular edition) and trying to get 15 different label/address/other stupid ass variation or 50+ colors of one record. That's just OCD, in my opinion.

Thankfully, I don't like any of the bands that keep releasing multiple pressings of the same shit on 10 colors every time so it's a non-issue for me. I can handle buying 2 copies of an LP or whatever.

i bought my very first variant from gilead a month ago. and i've decided

it was pretty dumb to have 2 lp's of the same album since then... so that was

my first and last time doing that.

it's pretty much two things for me:

1. the money. now i'd rather put the clams to a new band/album.

2. why bother. it's not like the band praises me because i have all their albums in all different colors.

you only need one to enjoy the music on vinyl..

I tend to go for one of each release, although I have and plan to get every variant of ETID because I like them way more than I should. I also have two variants of DCFC - Transatlanticism for some anal reason.

Oh yea, and I have two BTMI - Get Warmer copies because I got the picture disc with no sleeve and decided I wanted the album artwork as well.