Facebook...WTF?

I know this happens to everyone but it seems to have happened more to me with Facebook than any other social networking site and I can't understand it. I've been contacted by people I used to work with before, and even people I haven't seen in years but Facebook seems to be the site where someone who maybe once was withing 100miles of you thinks you're "friends".

I just received a request from someone I went to high school with who literally hated me and was one of the handful of near fights I've had in my life. Why do you think that we should be "friends"? We haven't talked in over 8 years and didn't really get along when we did talk. Remembering someone's name or doing a "school search" doesn't make you "friends".

Yeah, if it's someone I don't like I just turn it down. Another option I've heard of is to add them and then delete them. That way they think they've been accepted, don't know they've been deleted and don't add you again.

It's a lot of effort.

I just go by, if we never hung out outside of School/work/camp/whatever we probably weren't that close, so don't add me.

There is someone w/ the same last name as me that is trying to piece together our entire family. I added him out of courtesy even though I found out through my pap that we weren't related. Now about every day I get a friend request from someone else w/ the same last name. It's gotten pretty annoying and I'm deleting the other guy soon.

Also, my mom just signed up on Facebook, ugh...

I accept people's requests as long as I know them. There's really no harm in it and it doesn't mean that you have to hang out with them or even talk. I don't send out stupid requests, but as long as I know the person (whether it was from years ago, or as a business contact, etc) I accept.

I agree but alot of times I wonder...why are you friending me its not like we really talked when I knew you and its not like we are going to talk now I guess people like to have a high number of friends on there page I dont get it but then again I never had one of these till a friend made one for me so I guess I was never really that into them to begin with...........Message Board Nerd>Facebook Nerd

I've ignored/declined so many fuckin' people from my past. People I never cared for who suddenly think "Oooooh, I went to high school with that guy!" and still think that I care. Fuck that. I graduated high school for a reason...to get the hell outta there and away from those assholes.

I set up a facebook page just to prove to my wife that I could have more friends than she does in a short period of time.

This will only work if your wife doesn't have a picture showing off "the goods". You get anything resembling a boob in there and she's breaking 10,000 "friends" easy.

Also, I think it's odd that I get more guy requests than ones from girls. I don't mind as I'm married and don't need more friends of either sex but I just think it's weird that dudes I went to high school and college are up late at night trolling for more lonely dudes.

I set up a facebook page just to prove to my wife that I could have more friends than she does in a short period of time.

This will only work if your wife doesn't have a picture showing off "the goods". You get anything resembling a boob in there and she's breaking 10,000 "friends" easy.

Also, I think it's odd that I get more guy requests than ones from girls. I don't mind as I'm married and don't need more friends of either sex but I just think it's weird that dudes I went to high school and college are up late at night trolling for more lonely dudes.

I get a good male/female ratio.

Yeah, my wife's profile pic is pretty hot, but not boob action...I am winning the contest though. If she spiced it up a bit, she would clobber me.

i've recently had a rash of kids i vaguley remember from grade school adding me... which is odd.. because i don't have that school listed.. so they literally had to type my name in... uber creepy.

but then again i pretty much just facebook to spam out show flyers anyways (which is why i think ben conley un-friended me :( )

I know this happens to everyone but it seems to have happened more to me with Facebook than any other social networking site and I can't understand it. I've been contacted by people I used to work with before, and even people I haven't seen in years but Facebook seems to be the site where someone who maybe once was withing 100miles of you thinks you're "friends".

I just received a request from someone I went to high school with who literally hated me and was one of the handful of near fights I've had in my life. Why do you think that we should be "friends"? We haven't talked in over 8 years and didn't really get along when we did talk. Remembering someone's name or doing a "school search" doesn't make you "friends".

Maybe she thinks your cute now.

i've recently had a rash of kids i vaguley remember from grade school adding me... which is odd.. because i don't have that school listed.. so they literally had to type my name in... uber creepy.

but then again i pretty much just facebook to spam out show flyers anyways (which is why i think ben conley un-friended me :( )

Naw, Ben just loves Whoopers.