Bummer on my first release

zac

After having both the labels who owned the right agree to a deal (even though it wasn't officially legal yet) it turns out Equal Vision decided that they are going to release Fear Before The March Of Flames-Odd How People Shake.

What sucks is no less than a month ago they had emailed me and Rise Records saying they were fine with the proposed deal. I've been waiting to hear back from the labels to get the masters and artwork and stuff and then after multiple emails I finally get something back from Rise saying Equal Vision decided they are going to press it themselves now. It's kind of shady but I'm dealing with it and will hopefully have another release lined up soon. Craig from Rise is 100% solid dude so no hard feelings with them.

Just thought I'd let some people know. Unless something amazing happens then I won't be releasing this.

After having both the labels who owned the right agree to a deal (even though it wasn't officially legal yet) it turns out Equal Vision decided that they are going to release Fear Before The March Of Flames-Odd How People Shake.

What sucks is no less than a month ago they had emailed me and Rise Records saying they were fine with the proposed deal. I've been waiting to hear back from the labels to get the masters and artwork and stuff and then after multiple emails I finally get something back from Rise saying Equal Vision decided they are going to press it themselves now. It's kind of shady but I'm dealing with it and will hopefully have another release lined up soon. Craig from Rise is 100% solid dude so no hard feelings with them.

Just thought I'd let some people know. Unless something amazing happens then I won't be releasing this.

bummer dude..........now its time to try something else.

[image]

bummer dude, go for that time is you're favorite weapon re-press.

what other releases did you have in mind ?

I really don't want to say yet. I have a couple of things in mind and I'm waiting to hear back from different places. However I did just email Brand New's manager because I didn't even think about that. Sure it's a long shot and probably won't happen but it doesn't hurt to try haha.

that sucks, but welcome to my world. Ever since vinyl has gotten more popular, it has been more and more difficult to get labels to license me albums for release on vinyl. I am sorry this happened to you.

that sucks, but welcome to my world. Ever since vinyl has gotten more popular, it has been more and more difficult to get labels to license me albums for release on vinyl. I am sorry this happened to you.

Thanks man. I'm not too upset about it, it was just weird to me that they were 100% ok with it then they decided they wanted to do it themselves. The dude from Rise said I could license any of his releases if I wanted but the thing is, I just don't dig most of those bands. Nicest guy though.

Could be worse. You could of taken pre orders for it....

I would to wait until I have the stuff in my hands before I would offer it for sale. Too many things can go wrong.

BINGO!

and will go wrong

bummer its not working out how you plan but unfortunately thats how it goes. as lame as it sounds you just gotta take it in stride and keep going. live and learn mang. good luck with whatever you decide to do.