Notorious

i want to but i think p diddy is a complete piece of shit, there for no i wont i refuse to support this stupid douche bag i hate this mother fucker he doesn't do jack shit he makes other people

do his shit and he reaps the benefit's, and on top of it all he is one of the most selfish, egotistical, people ever... I love How he call's biggie his best friend, Chris wallace probably saw right through this man

Guest conoley
i want to but i think p diddy is a complete piece of shit, there for no i wont i refuse to support this stupid douche bag i hate this mother fucker he doesn't do jack shit he makes other people

do his shit and he reaps the benefit's, and on top of it all he is one of the most selfish, egotistical, people ever... I love How he call's biggie his best friend, Chris wallace probably saw right through this man

Sure, Diddy may be a douche, but he and Biggy were longtime friends. They came up together in music.

B.I.G. is considered the G.o.a.t because he came out hard and managed to do something no other rapper had done before, make gritty fucking new york hardcore gangster rap top 10 pop hits. There had been poppy gangster rap before, but the songs that broke through were cute, where as B.I.G.'s hits were grimy as shit, w/ the exception of Hypnotize (though the lyrics to that one are really fucked too).

He got in my top five rappers with one line. "My mother got cancer in her breast, don't ask me why I'm mother fucking stressed." The cat is classic.

Now if you wanna talk only matters cause he got shot look at 2Pac. Blah

B.I.G. is considered the G.o.a.t because he came out hard and managed to do something no other rapper had done before, make gritty fucking new york hardcore gangster rap top 10 pop hits. There had been poppy gangster rap before, but the songs that broke through were cute, where as B.I.G.'s hits were grimy as shit, w/ the exception of Hypnotize (though the lyrics to that one are really fucked too).

He got in my top five rappers with one line. "My mother got cancer in her breast, don't ask me why I'm mother fucking stressed." The cat is classic.

Tupac had five albums recorded before he died and volumes of unused tracks (that have since been put out for that dollar). He had established that he could continue to put out great music. Not to say that Notorious couldn't but two albums just doesn't constitute this "greatest of all time" business.

Tupac had five albums recorded before he died and volumes of unused tracks (that have since been put out for that dollar). He had established that he could continue to put out great music. Not to say that Notorious couldn't but two albums just doesn't constitute this "greatest of all time" business.

Let's face it, there are way better rapper than both of these guys. Just the drama that surrounded them in life and their death have elevated them to a higher untouchable status.

The drama and whole East Coast vs. West Coast overshadowed their music. This obviously created more curiosity in people who had never heard Biggie and 2Pac. Netx thing you know they're both dead and album sales went through the roof b/c more and more people wanted to know what the big deal was over these two.

Just my bullshit theory.

Putting out five albums containing maybe two albums worth of "classic" material doesn't compare. The dude gets props for being political, but really he was just ripping of Public Enemy when he wasn't recycling the same gang banger rap that had been out for years. "Brenda's Got a Baby" is some epic shit, but its surrounded by tons and tons of material that was just eh.

Leaving vaults full of stuff that is only okay is less impressive than B.I.G. making classics every time he walked in the booth.