Ever ordered records from Amazon?

daniel

im pretty sure that even though Hot Topic's records come in refridgerator boxes, they always are in perfect condition when they get there. it's a waste of space, but they pack it well apparently...

WRONG my friend! True sometimes they come in refrigerator boxes. I have also had records come from HT in a bag - I shit you not.

Needless to say, the sleeves were all bent to hell.

Amazon has always been great for me though.

Alright maybe I'll give it a try. I hate ordering from places like these though because I always want to hold out and see what variation are being pressed and where to get them.

Any info on colors for Copeland and The Get Up Kids that I missed out on? They even have the new Thursday up which I know nothing about.

I have also had records come from HT in a bag - I shit you not. Needless to say, the sleeves were all bent to hell.

Had the exact same experience with them. Complained to CS and they sent me a new one with the refrigerator box treatment and they still managed to crease the jacket. Weak.

I've had luck buying records from private sellers through Amazon, with the exception of one time I was shipped a CD instead of an LP, but I was quickly refunded and told to keep the CD.

Again, had the same thing happen twice now. I think a lot of these big resellers have people posting their stuff without a lot of knowledge and stuff gets posted in the wrong category a lot. Seems like it must be a fairly common occurrence considering how quickly they wrote of the discs they did send.

Does Amazon offer any buyer protection if you get ripped off buying a used item from a seller through their site?

yes in my experience they are very good with stuff like that.

one time i bought an iced earth cd boxset off a seller through amazon because it is an item thats no longer available new. the box came and was even shrinkwrapped but when i opened it there were no cd's inside (all 5 discs missing). needless to say i was pissed because i just spent like $60 or something. i emailed the seller and right away they accused me of lying and said that they weigh every cd and boxset they sell so they knew the discs were there when they shipped it. after it was clear they would not make the situation right i contacted amazon and within a day or two i had a full refund from amazon.. so i would say they are pretty good

All of the individual sellers I've bought from through Amazon have been solid. The one item I ordered directly from them, the new Beck LP, came in the huge box and the sleeve was fine, but the record had a little chip in the side. Barely enough to notice, but I always get freaked when a record comes in anything but an LP mailer.

im pretty sure that even though Hot Topic's records come in refridgerator boxes, they always are in perfect condition when they get there. it's a waste of space, but they pack it well apparently...

Totally incorrect:

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=22103

From Amazon itself you should be OK. Now...be careful w/ sellers that have stores set up w/ Amazon. I ordered a record that showed being in a picture sleeve/jacket and when I received it, it was a fuckin' DJ sleeve w/ the title sticker...much like the Heavens LP.

I was pissed.

this wasn't a Juan Maclean record by chance was it?

best buy shipped my Underoath boxset in a big dumbass box with brown paper as padding. it made it with just some paper sleeve rips inside miraculously. it was smaller than a normal boxset, they are either clueless or didn't have a good enough box for mailing. the sleeves are super thin so i'm sure copies everywhere are ripped with the 10" sawblade diecuts!

I wanted to pre-order 2 records from Amazon yesterday, so i read the shipping rates and all that on this page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596192StandardInternationalShipping.

It's saying 2,99$ per item, and 4,99$ per shipment. so I checkout, thinking this is a good price for shipping to Canada, but when i'm at the last step of checkout, the shipping price is around 10$, so i call them, but i can't understand a word of what the girl is saying, after talking with her for about 15 minutes. Anybody got that problem before? or am i just calculating the shipping wrong?