Shipping (WTF content)

crime

i got my copies of the let me run 7" and teenage bottlerocket/ergs under the influence this morning. both of which were shipped between two pieces of carboard taped together. what's up with that? i'd expect that from a 16 year kid on eBay but not you guys. luckily neither record were damaged. but the let me run sleeve is pretty messed up. i'm generally not one to complain about things. but that just seems fairly irresponsible to ship records like that.

Virgil likes, and prefers you email him direct (since he doesn't scour the boards).

public communication makes for better resolutions and transparency.

Not when you have a generic subject line like this thread does. "Shipping (WTF content)" would not alert Virgil at all that it's a VC-related issue.

Also...people need to get it through their heads that no matter how careful a seller, label, distro, or whatever packs a record...once it's out the door and in hands of the shipper (USPS, UPS, FedEx, Pony Express, etc.), it's pretty much a game of chance. If the package gets all kinds of mangled and fucked up, it was in transit.

It's ludicrouds to blame the person(s) that sent the record out.

Also...people need to get it through their heads that no matter how careful a seller, label, distro, or whatever packs a record...once it's out the door and in hands of the shipper (USPS, UPS, FedEx, Pony Express, etc.), it's pretty much a game of chance. If the package gets all kinds of mangled and fucked up, it was in transit.

It's ludicrouds to blame the person(s) that sent the record out.

unless the box / package wasn't suitable for shipping.

I'm currently talking with a label that sent out a big mailorder to me and the box was crappy and old to start with. They packed it poorly and prepared the box even more poorly for shipment, so by the time it got to Chicago it was ripped open and 3 of the 4 corners were blown out. It was so bad the post office lady yelled at me for 5 minutes about how badly it was shipped, like it was my fault.

public communication makes for better resolutions and transparency.

Not when you have a generic subject line like this thread does. "Shipping (WTF content)" would not alert Virgil at all that it's a VC-related issue.

well yeah of course, any complaint, public or not, is pointless without specifics. I was thinking if it was a VC issue they would give some more details. I would hope any company uses the internet and Google alerts to see what people are saying about them...but I guess we don't all live in 2.0 world.