writing?

anybody here ever tried writing or have written a book? i do a fair amount of writing and have talked about doing it for some time and i think im going to take the dive and just do it. not really worried about publishing or any of that (not to say i wouldnt send it out to a few publishing companies), just sort of a self goal i guess.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':cpicrfc3]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':cpicrfc3]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

^^^

its going to be a survivalist story. i dont want to give to much away but i reread "hatchet" not to long ago and it made me rethink this whole project. at first i wanted it to be like a straight up comedy and not so much a novel, but a collection of short stories from a group of people. then once i wasnt stoned anymore it made more sense as a straight up serious novel and actually got me motivated. basically its going to be about a guy who has trouble finding his way in life and then something happens and he finds something hes good at, athough he does not necessarily like it.

and as far as the video, my computer kicked the bucket like 3 weeks ago and they have everything video/audio related blocked at my work. i havent checked break in almost a month and its slowly killing me, at least until i get tax returns!

have you ever read "turning failure into ideology" by brian polk? cause your book sounds a lot like his. but then again, i think a lot of books deal with that issue.

sounds like an interesting read, though. good luck with it.

and the video was just that clip from family guy where stewie is asking brian about that novel he says he's working on...

I have a few published short stories and a bunch of poems. If you want some advice ask away.

Where have you had your short fiction published? I'm working on several stories now and a couple are almost finished, and I'm looking for places to shop them.

I have four published. Two were in a local literary magazine in Buffalo and one was in a Scorched Earth Publishing journal, and the other was in The Georgia review.

If you want to try to get stuff published, be prepared to get denied A LOT. Because you will. I have probably gotten denied 25 times for every one time I got something published. So with 4 short stories and roughly 20 poems published, it takes a lot of work. Grow a thick skin and be prepared to edit edit edit edit and edit. No matter what your stuff can get better.

Anyway the best resource for publishing I would say is....

http://www.editred.com/Links/Print-Journals/

There are about 100 publishing options, at least, there. It is a great place to look to get things published. Also, that is a great site to sign up for if you want your work critiqued honestly.

Good luck!

Where have you had your short fiction published? I'm working on several stories now and a couple are almost finished, and I'm looking for places to shop them.

I have four published. Two were in a local literary magazine in Buffalo and one was in a Scorched Earth Publishing journal, and the other was in The Georgia review.

If you want to try to get stuff published, be prepared to get denied A LOT. Because you will. I have probably gotten denied 25 times for every one time I got something published. So with 4 short stories and roughly 20 poems published, it takes a lot of work. Grow a thick skin and be prepared to edit edit edit edit and edit. No matter what your stuff can get better.

Anyway the best resource for publishing I would say is....

http://www.editred.com/Links/Print-Journals/

There are about 100 publishing options, at least, there. It is a great place to look to get things published. Also, that is a great site to sign up for if you want your work critiqued honestly.

Good luck!

Thank you very much, kind sir. Are any of your stories/poems online? Got links?