Anyone else get sick when playing video games?

I first noticed this about 10 years ago when I got a Sega Dreamcast and was playing Sonic the Hedgehog. After about 10 minutes my head hurt, I was dizzy and I felt like I was going to throw up. When I played other games without the fast moving backgrounds, I didn't have the same problem. Games like Tony Hawk and Crazy Taxi would make me quite ill. I still have the same problem today with similar games, which sucks because I'd like to enjoy them.

I've been trying to find stuff online about it, but there little to no real information out there about it. Just speculation, no definitive answers. Right now I'm not looking for that, just some solidarity.

I have been playing the new(er) spider-man game for wii I'd say about a total of maybe 8-10 hours this weekend. Kinda go a bit of a head ache, but it does have alot of upside down, fighting on the side of a building, and of corse all the swinging.

Now MarioKart for the wii, there is a game that can mess you up!!! Fun as hell, but pretty intense, and the game its self usually brings out the worst in people when they play together.

The older FPS's make me really sick. The newer ones I'm fine with.

GTA4 would make me dizzy after I played for awhile. Sometimes I would have to stop playing because I started feeling like shit.

From Wikipedia:

Simulation sickness, or simulator sickness, is a condition where a person exhibits symptoms similar to motion sickness caused by playing computer/simulation/video games.[1]

The most common theory for the cause of simulation sickness is that the illusion of motion created by the virtual world, combined with the absence of motion detected by the inner ear, causes the area postrema in the brain to infer that one is hallucinating and further conclude that the hallucination is due to poison ingestion. The brain responds by inducing nausea and mass vomiting, to clear the supposed toxin.[7] According to this theory, simulation sickness is just another form of motion sickness.

The symptoms are often described as quite similar to that of motion sickness. Some can range from headache, drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, vomiting and sweating. A research done at the University of Minnesota had students play Halo for less than an hour, and found that up to 50 percent felt sick afterwards.[10]

In a study conducted by U.S. Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences in a report published May 1995 titled "Technical Report 1027 - Simulator Sickness in Virtual Environments", out of 742 pilot exposures from 11 military flight simulators, "approximately half of the pilots (334) reported post-effects of some kind: 250 (34%) reported that symptoms dissipated in less than 1 hour, 44 (6%) reported that symptoms lasted longer than 4 hours, and 28 (4%) reported that symptoms lasted longer than 6 hours. There were also 4 (1%) reported cases of spontaneously occurring flashbacks".

yep, fps totally kill me. movies like Diary of the Dead and The Blair Witch Project do too.

I first noticed like 10+ years ago playing Rugrats on my cousin's ps1 he got for Xmas. ended up getting really sick after and puking. so strange.

games like Halo, Half Life, Call Of Duty, The Simpsons are the ones that do it to me. GTA4 has no effect though, can play that just fine.