Juno soundtrack coming out on orange vinyl Feb. 18

From the ol' inbox:

Rhino kicks off its 30th anniversary year in January with its first #1 album on the Billboard Album chart: the Juno soundtrack. As the indie comedy phenomenon continues to gather steam (Juno garnered four Academy Award® nominations, including one for Best Picture), its quirky soundtrack continues to rack up sales -- with an additional vinyl release in the wings.

The Junoverse expands next month as a limited-edition orange vinyl version of the Juno soundtrack ( http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=410236 ) arrives on February 18 (suggested retail price: $13.98). February also brings a Juno ringtone, Ellen Page and costar Michael Cera's cover of The Moldy Peaches' "Anyone Else But You," available from all major carriers. The charming duet, which closes the film, has also been added as a video on MTV.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this soundtrack is so bad. maybe it's just the fact that i can't stand kimya dawson. why couldn't paul baribeau be the one who got popular. i <3 him.

A-FUCKING-MEN

i don't get the appeal of singing out of rhythm / style / key / etc.

paul at least makes it sound like music, not pointless banter and stories over poorly played guitar.

it's pretty much a kimya dawson album. i liked the other songs on it. they fit the movie well. and i loved the movie. but both the movie and the soundtrack are getting to the point where it's annoying. it's like everyone who sees this movie jerks off all over the soundtrack and swears that they're an indie kid and feel the need to be poetic because they saw this movie. you're not any cooler or any more "underground" than the 40-somethings that saw it before you. (see: garden state)

(^^this is more of a response to the high school crowd..)

that being said, i will still be buying the soundtrack on vinyl. at least i can still enjoy some of the movie in one way that other kids won't (and wouldn't) appreciate.