Post a PIC Of Your Collection (Band or Label ONLY)

My Murder City Devils set (part 1) including:

S/T (clear gold)

Empty Bottles Broken Hearts (pink)

In Name and Blood (w/ stencil)

R.I.P.

Feather Bed Whiskey Blanket (box set, all records unopened)

[image]

And part 2, including:

Thelema 10" (two copies, orange and supposedly "pink")

Murder City Riot 7"

Dancing Shoes 7"

Three Natural Sixes 7"

split 7" w/ Gluecifier (clear w/ burned corner)

Christmas Bonus Single 7"

split 7" w/ At the Drive-In (clear gold)

split 7" w/ Botch (black, white and 2x7" purple w/ etched b-sides)

[image]

Again, sorry I'm a shite photographer armed only with a cell phone.

That's a damn nice collection!!!

I just got the ATDI Split on blue to finish those off. Still need the Botch split on purple (both the single & double), the Christmas single and Thelema on pink & the grey marble repress.

My updated Harvey Milk collection. Still waiting for a few more things in the mail.

[image]

Top: Courtesy and Good Will to Men (2x12" Grey)

Harvey Milk (2x12")

Life...the Best Game in Town (2x12" Grey)

Life...the Best Game in Town CD

Live at Supersonic (Yellow)

Middle: My Love is Higher than Your Assessment of What my Love Could Be (2x12" Gold)

the Pleaser (2x12" Red and Blue)

Anthem (DVD, 3" CD)

the Singles (2x12" Blue)

Special Wishes (2x12" Red)

Bottom: a Small Turn of Human Kindness CD

i Do Not Know How to Live my Life 7"

i Got a Love 7"

Pals Forever 7" (Clear)

Split with Wildlife 7" (White)

the Kelly Sessions CD

That's a damn nice collection!!!

I just got the ATDI Split on blue to finish those off. Still need the Botch split on purple (both the single & double), the Christmas single and Thelema on pink & the grey marble repress.

I would love to get the ATDI split on blue someday. I'm lucky, I really didn't have to chase any of those down except the Christmas Single and the purple 2x7" Botch split. All the rest I just bought when I saw the band, and they happened to be on colours/first press (in the case of the 7"s that were later pressed on colours). I just saw them again on Friday night and they played 2 new songs! I was really excited, hopefully that means a new record...

i wish i knew more about the murder city devils. i chased after this poster for years and finally got it, and it's one of my favorites, but I feel like a poser because I dont have anything by them.

[image]

Have you never heard them, or do you just not have any of their records? If you haven't heard them, I've got recommendations for you. :)

great band, you should check them out!

Be My Doppelganger

[image]

One of each is good enough for me

Need the split with Dopamines, dawg! Also, their new album is killer. Turning Seventeen is the jam.

I would love to get the ATDI split on blue someday. I'm lucky, I really didn't have to chase any of those down except the Christmas Single and the purple 2x7" Botch split. All the rest I just bought when I saw the band, and they happened to be on colours/first press (in the case of the 7"s that were later pressed on colours). I just saw them again on Friday night and they played 2 new songs! I was really excited, hopefully that means a new record...

Been wanting to see them since they got back together, but I've been unable to make the northeast and west coast dates. If they're making new music then hopefully they'll tour in support of it.

i wish i knew more about the murder city devils. i chased after this poster for years and finally got it, and it's one of my favorites, but I feel like a poser because I dont have anything by them.

[image]

Have you never heard them, or do you just not have any of their records? If you haven't heard them, I've got recommendations for you. :)

i think i picked up the Thelma ep but it didn't stick with me, I'd like a good jumping off point.

i think i picked up the Thelma ep but it didn't stick with me, I'd like a good jumping off point.

The one that got most of my friends into the band was In Name and Blood. If I'm starting someone off I usually play that first even though it was their third album, it seems to stick with people for some reason.

Their first record (self-titled) is mostly short, fast and loud punk rock'n'roll.

Their second, Empty Bottles Broken Hearts, added more variety to their sound, while still being a really straight-forward rock'n'roll record.

In Name and Blood was their first album with a full-time organ player, so the sound is overall darker and moodier (no pun intended), while also becoming slightly hookier and catchier.

The Thelema EP seemed to be kind of divisive. I saw it as a natural progression of their sound and I love it, but I know plenty of people who didn't really dig it.

The one that got most of my friends into the band was In Name and Blood. If I'm starting someone off I usually play that first even though it was their third album, it seems to stick with people for some reason.

I use R.I.P. for that purpose. And I stick with songs from Empty Bottles, Broken Hearts (my personal favorite) and In Name And Blood. Songs like I Want A Lot Now, 18 Wheels, Press Gang and Rum To Whiskey. That has worked quite well.

• jhulud locked this topic
  • jhulud unlocked this topic