Don't hold your breath for Arrested D movie...

casey

From the A.V. Club: (video is about halfway down the page)

http://www.avclub.com/articles/friday-buzzkills-the-price-and-the-promise,23021/

While making the rounds, MTV News cornered Michael Cera about his reluctance to get involved with the long-promised Arrested Development movie (a project which every other single member of the show’s creative team has enthusiastically assented to) and Cera's response defense leaves a little something to be desired—namely the desire to refrain from throttling the shit out of him. Cera claims that there’s no script, so he won’t agree to do the film. Of course, creator Mitch Hurwitz has also stated that he can’t write the script until he knows which actors are available. Oh, and even if it does somehow get written, Cera might “possibly put the script in my shredder.” Hilarious. Everybody hates you now.

So there's a bullshit catch-22 for you. He won't consent to a film for which there is no script, and no script will be written until the writer knows who's in it. Someone should kidnap the little fucker, Cecil B. Demented style and get this flick made, dammit.

I imagine he thinks that people are never going to get sick of him playing a nervous kid in his late teens or early twenties, but he's been stretching whats basically 1 character for an entire TV show run, 3 big movies and a web series.

Not even Paulie Shore kept peoples interest with 1 character for that long. As much as I've enjoyed alot of the things he's done, Cera should really count his blessings and not piss off the people who put him where he is.

catch 22.... that sux... but in all fairness, you can't commit to something that isn't written. Also a good idea would be for the screenwriter to actually write the movie with the idea that Cera can be written out if need be... Have all the other cast Ok'd the parts?

I imagine he thinks that people are never going to get sick of him playing a nervous kid in his late teens or early twenties, but he's been stretching whats basically 1 character for an entire TV show run, 3 big movies and a web series.

Not even Paulie Shore kept peoples interest with 1 character for that long. As much as I've enjoyed alot of the things he's done, Cera should really count his blessings and not piss off the people who put him where he is.

Exactly.

catch 22.... that sux... but in all fairness, you can't commit to something that isn't written. Also a good idea would be for the screenwriter to actually write the movie with the idea that Cera can be written out if need be... Have all the other cast Ok'd the parts?

I agree with this somewhat. But, like swank said, he shouldn't piss off the people who put him where he is. I think he should have enough faith in Mitch Horowitz to write a decent script to go ahead and sign on. Or, write a script with him in it, see if he approves, and if not go ahead without him. From what I've read, most of the original cast has been stoked for a feature film.

The thing about AD, though, is that the interactions between all the characters is what set the series apart from every other show on TV. They're all pretty integral to the set-up.

yea this kid officially sucks

he cant commit to something thats not written? look at any major actor on any popular show...they have multi-year contracts for multiple seasons before that shits written...thats 22 eps at 30 minutes..this movie will be 100 minutes at most

yea, and look at where some of those actors are now? every actor has the right to choose whether or not he/she wants to accept a role. roles can either make or break your career, especially when they are his age. There also could be circumstances to the reason why he's refusing it until there is a script? There could have been turmoil amongst the cast, and he'd rather see if it's gonna be worth it or not.. you don't really know.

hell would you blame bill murray for not wanting to do caddyshack 2 if the script hadn't been written and he had signed on for it.. oh the horror...

u can't blame the actor, and let the screenwriter go.. let the screenwriter write the part with george michael, and if he decides to not do it, then maybe he should be written out or have another actor in his place. it's done all the time. you can't fault the actor for wanting a script in front of him. he's made a few hit movies that has gotten him a bit more status as to why he can say that. i don't think he has much more in him.. his quarkiness will only take him so far.. before you know it, he'll be making cameos like Sarah gilbert or Taylor Negron (except Taylor Negron's a bad ass)

i really think what pisses people off his his attittude about it.. putting a script next to a shredder? fuck... he's not even that good of an actor to be saying shit like that. he's not versatile in the least. But at this point, he i'm sure he has to chose what's best for his career longevity.

You also have to take into account the tv show to movie failures. which is really high.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':l4y0km67]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':l4y0km67]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

yea this kid officially sucks

he cant commit to something thats not written? look at any major actor on any popular show...they have multi-year contracts for multiple seasons before that shits written...thats 22 eps at 30 minutes..this movie will be 100 minutes at most

yea, and look at where some of those actors are now? every actor has the right to choose whether or not he/she wants to accept a role. roles can either make or break your career, especially when they are his age. There also could be circumstances to the reason why he's refusing it until there is a script? There could have been turmoil amongst the cast, and he'd rather see if it's gonna be worth it or not.. you don't really know.

hell would you blame bill murray for not wanting to do caddyshack 2 if the script hadn't been written and he had signed on for it.. oh the horror...

u can't blame the actor, and let the screenwriter go.. let the screenwriter write the part with george michael, and if he decides to not do it, then maybe he should be written out or have another actor in his place. it's done all the time. you can't fault the actor for wanting a script in front of him. he's made a few hit movies that has gotten him a bit more status as to why he can say that. i don't think he has much more in him.. his quarkiness will only take him so far.. before you know it, he'll be making cameos like Sarah gilbert or Taylor Negron (except Taylor Negron's a bad ass)

i really think what pisses people off his his attittude about it.. putting a script next to a shredder? fuck... he's not even that good of an actor to be saying shit like that. he's not versatile in the least. But at this point, he i'm sure he has to chose what's best for his career longevity.

You also have to take into account the tv show to movie failures. which is really high.

i dunno, caddyshack 2 was like a studio, get anyone to write it to make a quick buck sequal...the ad movie will have mitch writing and the entire cast of the show behind it....huge difference in how the script and final product will turn out