Valentine Mixtapes!

Valentine's Day is coming up soon.

You have your eye on a cute girl/guy?

You should probably give them a mixtape.

I have spent all day perfecting mine, I have one song left to pick and it will be complete. It is themed and I will post it soon incase anyone wants to use all my hard work to warm that cute girl's heart.

If anyone else has made one, post them/upload them(can we do that here? I know we can't do entire albums, but what about mixes?)

Also, post pictures of the packaging of past mixtapes you have received or given.

EDIT:

Here is my mixtape. It is themed, every band name has an animal reference in it. It is called Creature Comforts and here is the tracklisting:

1. Seabear - "Owl Waltz"

2. Deer Tick - "These Old Shoes"

3. Horse Feathers - "In Our Blood"

4. Finches - "Step Outside"

5. The Field Mice - "If You Need Someone"

6. The Mountain Goats - "Slow West Vultures"

7. Andrew Bird - "A Nervous Tic Motion Of The Head To The Left"

8. Pedro The Lion - "Slow And Steady Wins The Race"

9. Sparklehorse - "Hundreds Of Sparrows"

10. Sharks Keep Moving - "Cashmere, Washington"

11. Tortoise - "The Taut And Tame"

12. Caribou - "After Hours"

13. The Wrens - "Boys, You Won't"

14. Piglet - "Bug Stomp"

15. Owls - "Everyone Is My Friend"

16. Deerhoof - "Flower"

17. The Unicorns - "I Was Born (A Unicorn)"

18. Wolf Parade - "Call It A Ritual"

19. Minus The Bear - "Absinthe Party At The Fly Honey Warehouse"

20. Foxhole - "The End Of Dying"

Here is a link for it, if I am not allowed to do this let me know and I will take it down, but I mean, it is just single songs and not a entire album.

http://www.brokencircles.com/vc/creaturecomforts.zip

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already made a mixtape for the girl I had my eye on. I took a good amount of time devising a track listing and making sure it flowed well and I guess she just ended up putting it on her itunes and listening to it on shuffle. I was pretty let down.

sometimes girls just dont get it...

I had a 7" mix pressed for my girlfriend for Christmas...it was pretty badass. she made me a sick mixtape too

how does one go about doing that?

My guess would be a lathe, dunno though. I've read articles about guys with lathes that will do 7"s for $80 or something.

Also, I might do this. I've been dating the same girl for 3 years but mixtapes rule.

Also backed. The girl I've been dating have been working on mixtapes for each other, one is the "usual" mixtape, ya know, songs that remind us of each other and another one of good music that we think the other should listen to or would probably like. I've been spending a lot of time on it. We can't upload them but why not put up the track listing?

I already made a mixtape for the girl I had my eye on. I took a good amount of time devising a track listing and making sure it flowed well and I guess she just ended up putting it on her itunes and listening to it on shuffle. I was pretty let down.

I told her to listen to it straight through because I purposely didn't give her a track listing so she could be surprised by each new song and not have any clue as to what the song may sound like or be about. All that work for nothing, man.

I told her to listen to it straight through because I purposely didn't give her a track listing so she could be surprised by each new song and not have any clue as to what the song may sound like or be about. All that work for nothing, man.

Should have made an actual tape so she would have had to listen to it all the way through if she wanted to hear it at all. That sucks though.

Should have made an actual tape so she would have had to listen to it all the way through if she wanted to hear it at all. That sucks though.

I was thinking about it, but she told me that she had no way of actually playing a tape so that wouldn't have worked out either.

Good suggestion though.

I was thinking about it, but she told me that she had no way of actually playing a tape so that wouldn't have worked out either.

Good suggestion though.

http://www.suck.uk.com/product.php?rangeID=82