fake problems- viking wizard eyes 7": wtf.

eh, i guess i'm just an uber-blink and fake problems nerd, but they have (or at least had) the lyrics on their website. after i read them i knew it wasn't a cover EP. however, that's not very expected to check a bands lyrics on their website to make sure it's not a cover album. it's understandable that someone could make the mistake. in fact, i'm suprised more people didn't.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

under different circumstances, i might've enjoyed this 7" more. i'm gonna have to give it another spin, because while i listened to it all the way through, i was mostly just pissed. blink is easily one of my favourite bands ever, and i thought- damn, enema of the state isn't available on wax, but here's a decent band covering three songs off the album.

Fake Problems never advertised the release as a Blink-182 covers release. You chose to read into it without doing any investigating (or, here's an idea, ASKING THE BOARD ABOUT IT BEFOREHAND). You drew a conclusion that was wrong, but you can't admit it, so you're blaming the band for having fun. The end.

Also, LOL.

it is. it's on the shooks' myspace, under the merch photo album. it's awesome, ain't it? i'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks. they'll probably have it... want me to pick one up for you?? (i think it's in orange, also... but purple rules so much harder with this design. i got a good laugh out of it.)

it is. it's on the shooks' myspace, under the merch photo album. it's awesome, ain't it? i'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks. they'll probably have it... want me to pick one up for you?? (i think it's in orange, also... but purple rules so much harder with this design. i got a good laugh out of it.)

that would be awesome man! thanks! i'm a small. let me know when the shows comin up and i can pay pal you before or after. whichever.

oh, and def in the purple

I didn't make the mistake because I know less than nothing about Blink 182, and if this was a bunch of blink covers I would have not bought it. Casey from Good Friends and Fake Problems is a good dude, and you shouldn't be complaining about a $5 7". How much do you think they charge at shows? Probably $5. You can't bust on them for having an expensive 7" when you are counting the shipping cost. What do you want them to ship it to your ungreatful ass for free?

Man, I was so pissed when I bought Reinventing Axl Rose by Against Me and there wasn't one Guns N' Roses song on there. Those deceitful bastards!!!

All kidding aside, I don't think it was a ploy by Fake Problems. Instead, I think the are either paying tribute to or mocking Blink-182. If you look inside the sleeve of the 7" they thank all of the Blink-182 members. It's really odd, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Part of me wants to give the guy a break, it was just a wrong assumption, he didn't kick a baby. And you have to give him credit for sticking to his guns. Another part of me wants to keep it going, because its hilarious.

On a largely unrelated note, I saw FP last year and their one guitar player had his back to the audience through the whole set. Is the dude shy? Or is everyone in Wisconsin really, really ugly?