corner creases and sleeve damage disappreciation

Guest drahtuos

Guest drahtuos

how much does this bother you all? do you go out and re buy the album, do you deal with it? how about split seams? does it tear you up inside? does it bum you out? will you avoid buying a record you really want just because the sleeve is damaged?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drahtuos

when it happens accidentally or i get one in the mail like that it always bums me out for a day or two untill i forget about it, i'm real ocd about things of mine staying in good condition. i never buy a record if it has significant sleeve damage, if its a minor thing i'll deal and buy it if i want it bad enough.

Guest drahtuos

yeah the music is the reason i collect them records. but i've always been an avid collector music or not and condition has always been important to me.

you guys gotta admit even though its not a big deal to you all, it still sucks a little bit.

Guest drahtuos

i've never bought another record because of split seams or banged corners either, but i have felt the urge especially when i'm really fond of the record.

I will admit that I came across as an asshole on that post...I am an asshole though...but I will admit that jacket/sleeve condition is a concern...I'm OCD at times with certain things...i.e. EVERYTHING...and it does it bother the shit outta me when a jacket and/or sleeve as splits or bent and crimped corners...

Usually if I'm in a store and they have several copies of the same record I'll buy the one that has the nicest jacket. Album art has always been important to me so I'd like for the jacket to be nice when I buy something new.

However, when I buy something that is used I expect it to have some minor damage in one way or another and it doesn't really bother me too much.

I HATE splits. I can deal with a little bend. I can flatten that out, but splits drive me nuts. I ALMOST have to rebuy. I have had some sleeves replaced by VC (thanks Virgil) in the past.

Although, it is definitely pretty shitty when the record is scuffed, which seems to happen a lot.

Guest drahtuos
My copy of The Anti-Mother is split on the spine so I see it every time I look at my records on the shelf. It pisses me off to no end haha.

man that's rough, i don't think i have any records with a split seam on the spine that aren't thrift store finds. oh nevermind i take that back, my new wolves in the throne room ep has a split seam on the spine.

Its hard for me to care too much when I know that every new record has probably changed hands through the mail 3, 4 times before it even reached me, so a ding, a mushed corner doesn't faze me much. It sucks but without paying a fortune, carriers don't give a shit about your shit and shit is bound to happen.

Some of my older LPs from the mid to late 90s have seam splits and I don't really think about it much seeing as I paid like 8 bucks for them back then... I get more OCD though when I'm buying recent pricier stuff and if arrives in bad shape. I paid something like $35 for a 200 gram norah jones LP (punx! ha) and it arrived the other day with fray'd splits top and bottom and splits on all sides of the inner sleeve. Pissed me off

Records are for listening to, not collecting.

I don't mean to come off as a dick, but looking at your list, you have multiple copies of practically half the records you own (possibly more). Surely that's more for the collecting aspect than listening...

(I did read your other posts about how you didn't want to come off as an ass, I'm just commenting because I hate when people say that.)

Records are for listening to, not collecting.

I don't mean to come off as a dick, but looking at your list, you have multiple copies of practically half the records you own (possibly more). Surely that's more for the collecting aspect than listening...

(I did read your other posts about how you didn't want to come off as an ass, I'm just commenting because I hate when people say that.)

QED