Clarity vs Jane Doe

Guest drahtuos

bonus tracks rule hard in my book hard take it.

clarity for sure. converge can suck it. no but actually converge aint all that bad, just don't totally dig.

i agree with you. i checked out your vega vinyl site. really cool. i really like that park record :) they were my favorite lobster band, back in the day.

Thanks man! The site is a little fucked up right now, but hopefully I can get it fixed up in the next couple weeks. The site is changing hands.

jane doe is an epic record whether you dig their music or not. a landmark record in the genre

Eh, it's good, but I don't think I'll ever listen to it again. My tastes are more refined and that genre doesn't sit well w/ me anymore. I could listen to "Clarity" every day of the week still though.

kirby must also be in his late 20s/early 30s. i can totally identify with that statement. however, jane doe blew my mind 8 years ago, during the tail end of my 'hardcore kid' era. so i might pick up a copy of the repress. a black 180g is fine with me.

something tells me that they are going to have 432 differnt varients (omg purple splatter /77)

that's bothering me already, and it hasn't even happened! :)

Clarity's a far more influential record, in the grand scheme of things.

Also, melody will always win out over dissonance in my opinion.

While Clarity was awesome, it wasn't anything new.. just a great record. Jane Doe was the same... just two damn great albums, but overall that's it.. just great albums..

but totally agree with you on the melody over dissonance.. unfortunately that's usually the case.. :( Hence why no one really can get into or understand NAKED CITY