What do you do when you're really stressed...

Lay face down on my bed and listen to some tunes. I'm fine within a half hour. If it's high stress/anxiety is a rare thing for you though, maybe you should talk to your doctor about it and get on some meds. I'm on paxil for anxiety and it basically just makes you feel normal. It's awesome.

I need to talk to someone with a level head who can help me make sense of my emotions. I am prone to panic/anxiety attacks when overly stressed out.

If I can't talk to anyone I just have to be alone, put on my headphones or immerse myself in a movie or something.

Oh yeah....and I cry. A lot.

I try to leave work at work. I learnt a few years ago that the worst thing I can do is bring the work stress and negativity home with me. Five years ago it was the catalyst to end a 3+ year relationship. It caused some damage with my family.

So now I leave all the work bullshit behind as soon as I get in my car and leave the office.

If feeling stressed by life overall...I try to take time for myself and relax. Music helps me.

youre in school for design right? i dont know what else youre going through, but having been through a design program, and understanding that it is some of the most time and life consuming work there is, i can tell you that you just have to take a step back. your best work will generally come when you do not overthink and overwork it, and you will feel better. if youve got one project thats killing you right now, move on to something else for a little while. if everything is overwhelming, just do something else entirely. take a break from whatever you are doing.