Regret

What's your biggest vinyl regret? Now, I don't mean, damn, that record was a waste of $20, regret. I'm talking, damn, if I had only picked up _____ at that show ten years ago in that guy's basement, then the sky would fill with rainbows, all would be right with the world and I wouldn't be beating my kid out of the frustration of what could have been.

So, what's yours?

can't start a thread like this without posting your own.

fair enough. For pure selfishness' sake, I wish I'd picked up more than one copy of Regulate the Chemicals. I bought it at a show, and I remember thumbing through a milk crate full of them, to find a color I liked. Shoulda knocked off a gas station on the way to the show, bought an extra twenty or so, and made a suit out of them.

I think we all have that "I should have picked this up" regret.

My regrets are more like when i bought the vinyl at shows when i was 12-15 and then sold them a few years later on altpress and absolutepunk for what i bought them for. which was wayyy below market value. But i try not to live in regrets because then i'd be sad and pissed off all the time.

EDIT: Oh, and selling the Thrice first impressions cd for like 8 bucks shipped

2 days ago i forgot about an auction on ebay ending. it was for a piebald record on clear that i never even knew existed. im pissed about it. my collection is 24 pieces and im less than 5 from completing it. ive never seen that record in my 2 years of collecting this band.

It went for cheap too.

Guest smccown13

Blue collar distro had some of Bloc Party's "Silent Alarm" and I waited to get it. When I tried it was out of stock and I can't find it anywhere for a decent price.

Guest conoley
Blue collar distro had some of Bloc Party's "Silent Alarm" and I waited to get it. When I tried it was out of stock and I can't find it anywhere for a decent price.

I've got it if you want it

i have a few and some are the same as others...

- Bought the white/red Gaslight LP cause i thought it would look prettier

- I also sold my Thrice - first impression cd, but it went for like 19.00+ shipping

and the me first and the gimme gimmes bowling bag set was something that still bothers me. I couldnt justify spending the money back then because i was a broke college kid.

Oh and 1 last thing... i bought the NOFX - Decline 12" from No idea because it was like a buck or so cheaper than fat even though fat still had it on clear. soooo stupid!!!!

All the times i have picked up a record at a show then proceeding to drunkenly spill beer over it and then not find out until the next morning when its to late to buy a second copy. (The Gaslight Anthem - Sink or Swim (Euro White), Seasick Steve - Dog House Music (Black) and Against Me! - White People For Peace (White) to name but a few!)