California may regulate Marijuana

Quite frankly, I'm not interested in seeing coke, heroin, meth or anything else legalized but that's because I see them in a very different light than Marijuana.

See I am. I think if you regulated you could give out clean needles, grow it, and make tons off its taxation. You can also give people refuge and work to make them better using the tax money from selling the drugs in the first place. However, the more I think about it, the more there would still need to be an enforcement side to make sure no one was dealing outside governmental control.

My opinion doesn't matter? Am I not allowed to support gay marriage in another state because I'm not a resident of said state? This place is general discussion. There's no boundaries as to who can post, or ranking of whose opinion is worthier than someone elses.

Has it been stated already that this regulation would lead to lower taxes? At this point, I honestly assumed California would want to keep taxes as high as they can. (Not arguing, just inquiring)

You made mention of it not affecting you. I simply poised the question that since it doesn't why chime in? That was all.

to quote my buddy jeff

"- Enhance the tourism of California. I mean it's already what, the #1 place to head on earth, but imagine all the fucking stonies with their parents cards who will head here with bong in hand.

- That will boost business obviously for other small businesses.

- To quote Fox News, cut down on bullshit arrests for something that is less harmful that smoking fucking cigarettes, which will do a fuck ton for improving law enforcement.

- Possibly work to make weed less annoying. My entire life, all I've had is fucking dipshit weed fanatics (and myself to an ironic amount) just making a big deal out of it. I feel like if it's made legal than maybe kids will finally fucking outgrow this "OH IM SO COOL BECAUSE I SMOKE WEED" deal.

- Also, more Rasta and Irie Jah Brudda. I and I survive."

The whole world should really follow in Amsterdams footsteps and just legalize soft drugs (Pot, LSD, Shrooms) and make hard drugs (coke herion etc) more illegal (as in harsher penalties) it will reduce crime, curb alot of alcoholism, and make the world so much of a better place for real

The whole world should really follow in Amsterdams footsteps and just legalize soft drugs (Pot, LSD, Shrooms) and make hard drugs (coke herion etc) more illegal (as in harsher penalties) it will reduce crime, curb alot of alcoholism, and make the world so much of a better place for real

You mean: the whole world should really follow in "The Netherlands" footsteps...

I always get the feeling that a lot of you out there think that you can only buy weed legally in Amsterdam, not the whole country...

You mean: the whole world should really follow in "The Netherlands" footsteps...

I always get the feeling that a lot of you out there think that you can only buy weed legally in Amsterdam, not the whole country...

Yes sir you are right with that one wish I had seen more of the Netherlands but have only been to Amsterdam.........I have heard though that it is harder for Americans to buy pot outside of Amsterdam and the Coffe shops are more of a Locals type place.

Yes sir you are right with that one wish I had seen more of the Netherlands but have only been to Amsterdam.........I have heard though that it is harder for Americans to buy pot outside of Amsterdam and the Coffe shops are more of a Locals type place.

Hmm, I think that's not all true.. No one should've any problems buying pot in any coffeeshop in the netherlands if he/she is over 18 and has an ID... And there will always be some locals in coffeeshops, but most of the time people just walk in and out...and if you want you can stay in the coffeeshop and you won't have any troubles, because the people that smoke in the coffeeshops are the most chill people out there...

Just to make that clear ;)

Ohw and I personally think the dutch drugs policy isn't perfect yet. It's good that it's legal to buy weed/hasj when you're 18 or older, but the weed/hasj still gets delivered by the illegal circuit...The goverment should stop this by growing the weed themselves and suply the coffeeshops. This will be done in the near future. This way the illegal weed grow will decline.

If this happens it'd be really interesting to see what impact it has on everything mentioned. The British Government made Marijuana a class C drug (coke etc being class A) for a few years, which meant it only carried a caution for punishment if you were caught with less than a certain amount. I'm not a regular smoker but i certainly didn't notice any headlines on how this declassification made and positive changes, i imagine that full legalisation would, though.