Tales of sent $ for records yet never got them

Guest drahtuos

earth - the bees made honey in the lion's skull from southern lord on nov. 3 2008. emailed them 3 times, the last time i just wanted a refund, never got any reply. out $30. SL stole 30 bucks from me.

ps the time they tell you to wait before contacting them or doing something about it is about the time you have to file a paypal claim so i waited patiently and then was unable to file a claim.

pps recently i bought the bees at a local fye for $20, so to get the non mailorder black version i ended up paying 50 bucks and it had a gouge on the cover.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40$ to Vacancy Records for; A Place To Bury Strangers 3x7" boxset

its quite a nice story, i PO this a year ago, it was supposed to be released in may or june, i wrote in july, got told that it turns out it was an overwhelming project and that it took more time than they thought. wrote back in september, got pretty much told to fuck off and that id receive it soon when i asked for a refund. wrote back in october, december and never received any replies. The cunt running the label also posted an article she did about herself... kind of a press release.. i dont know, shes just quoting herself like its coming from someplace else but its not.

http://vacancyrecords.com/blog/?p=65

Apparently the reason people never got their boxset is because her paypal account got hacked so shes keeps our money and doesnt need to be accountable.. Paypal claim system doesnt work for POs because it usually more than 30 days after that you realised youve been ripped, nothing i can do other than go knock on her door, kick her out of the way when she answers and run in the house trying to grab 40$ worth of stuff.

Guest naytoid
nothing i can do other than go knock on her door, kick her out of the way when she answers and run in the house trying to grab 40$ worth of stuff.

Sounds like a plan!

40$ to Vacancy Records for; A Place To Bury Strangers 3x7" boxset

its quite a nice story, i PO this a year ago, it was supposed to be released in may or june, i wrote in july, got told that it turns out it was an overwhelming project and that it took more time than they thought. wrote back in september, got pretty much told to fuck off and that id receive it soon when i asked for a refund. wrote back in october, december and never received any replies. The cunt running the label also posted an article she did about herself... kind of a press release.. i dont know, shes just quoting herself like its coming from someplace else but its not.

http://vacancyrecords.com/blog/?p=65

Apparently the reason people never got their boxset is because her paypal account got hacked so shes keeps our money and doesnt need to be accountable.. Paypal claim system doesnt work for POs because it usually more than 30 days after that you realised youve been ripped, nothing i can do other than go knock on her door, kick her out of the way when she answers and run in the house trying to grab 40$ worth of stuff.

I was in the same boat as you sans any replies to my emails..then randomly one day last month, it showed up. So there might be a small sliver of hope for ya :)

nothing major, no big loses either.

ebay seller from Italy. Whatever/Zoinks! split LP for around 20ppd, never showed up. Its been about 8 months.

ETID - Big Dirty from VC never showed up, but Virgil was cool and offered me a free replacement. But since it wasnt his fault i couldnt take the record for free. I later ordered a copy and he only charged me half price. V is a good dude.

Rumbletown - never got my shorebirds LP. Not a huge deal. Thats what happens when you send cash in the mail. I am sure the cash never arrived.

8 months? i thought you found that a few months ago.

either way sucks that it didn't show up. i forgot who else was looking for it but i directed them to the same guy cause he was selling another copy on ebay right after you bought yours. i wonder if he ever got his.

http://bored.knockknockrecords.com/index.php?topic=63020.0

5 months, still a long time. italy sucks when it comes to shipping, i bet it will show up in a few months cause its stuck at customs still

xfedupx

im really glad to hear that, ill hope mine shows up too! im still pissed but at least i would have my item or money.. anyway.. is it worth the wait?

It's worth the wait in that you didn't get ripped off. I was a little disappointed with the actual box set as all it is, is a screened 7" mailer with velcro tabs to keep it closed. The screening is cool, but for the amount of money it was, I expected a little more :/

In my opinion, coming from someone who has been mail ordering records for 15 years, waiting a few months isn't being screwed over. Anything over a year ago you probably won't get. It seems to me that some folks on this board, not all of course, lack patience. I had a lot of experience 10 years ago where it would take up to 6 months to get records.

Seriously, six months for a record that already exists and is in the hands of the seller at the time of order is an unacceptable wait. Every time I sell or trade anything, it goes in the mail in 3 days or less. I don't expect everyone to be as prompt, but any wait over a month is unneccesary. It's not like records go out on Pony Express.

i really have avoided lots of ripoffs i guess. at least stuff that isn't a huge deal.

i didn't receive a cd i ordered off half.com or something. dude supposedly sent it to an address i lived at 2+ years ago and i checked my account, no record of that address in my info at all. he said he wouldn't refund me anything but the shipping. i ended up getting the cd at hot topic on clearance for like $3. i told him to keep his money. this cd

[image]

Rohner from Division Day had a solo cd on their website. paypal'ed and waited. forgot about it for a few months until it was too late to make a claim. emailed them. said they would get right on it. tried to email the paypal email and it was gone. myspaced and no answer. pretty awesome from a dude i met in 2000 when he was touring with Onelinedrawing. he's been doing Dredg's websites since at least 2002. just myspaced them again. why not! just got an email from Rohner himself apologizing. too bad the cd is now out of print, offered me an mp3 download with hi-res graphics. hmmm. nothing quite like having an original. 1 down, 3 to go haha.

Thom Hazaert from loudside.com and a bunch of other bs things he's been apart of. sent him $20 for a Misery Loves Co. 12" and i think one other record. never got it. called him out on their mailing list/board thing and got banned. he said he was moving and that he didn't care about some shitty record, that his life was all messed up and more important. continued over the years until i met him in CA when i was at a show and he was promoting. went up to him and said "hey, you got my $20?" he said he'd knock me out if he wasn't holding these flyers. i don't really care about the money, i just wanted the fricken record. i've never seen it anywhere and this was way back in 1998 when i sent him the $$$.

nothing major, no big loses either.

ebay seller from Italy. Whatever/Zoinks! split LP for around 20ppd, never showed up. Its been about 8 months.

that sucks dude. i actually did end up receiving mine in the mail and picked it up on my trip back home over christmas. :(

i hope the guy didn't for some reason sell the same item twice. if i ever come across a double anywhere i will keep you in mind.

Happened only once to me, the Jesu s/t picture discs never arrived from auralexploits. Out about $40 (ppd) or something on it I think it was. They just blame the postal service, which probably are the ones who fucked up, but still pretty annoyed.

Would also be pretty annoyed if I was Scott and Relationship of Command got lost...