Tales of sent $ for records yet never got them

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In August of 2007, I order a bunch of records from React With Protest out of Germany. The shipping was going to be a crazy amount so Lars (React owner) and myself agreed on ground shipping. The records never showed up. I don't blame Lars at all. I've been slowly trying to find the records. Some were fairly rare. Out $65.

And the other time is when Rat Patrol fucked a lot of people over on the In The Red pre-order. Never got anything. I think I am out around $20 for that.

bought an AM! - ST 12" #18/50 Tour Copy from some douche on ebay.

Sent money via paypal. He messages me a few hours later saying he is going to send it out on Monday (bought it on Sat)

A few weeks go by, NO email , NO record. I email him, still nothing. Another week goes by, so I decided to file a claim. Finally, almost a month goes by and I get an email from his wife, saying he passed away and that she is very sorry and ill get my record asap. I get a few more emails from his wife, promising my record, and still nothing. Last email was :

"Listen my husband just died and you will get your fucking record i had to go back home and im having my brother in law send it out tomorrow and i will have him ship it like 2 day or whatever you will have it by this weekend ok?? i apologize a million times over i know this is not the best expierence but im trying to do the best i can...

missy"

i've emailed her about 20x since, and still no record. I also won the paypal claim but i got an email from paypal saying "we were unable to retrieve funds".

Ooff! How much did you pay for it?

$220 >:(

I'm currently dealing with Morgan who I will have paid a month ago tomorrow for the Small Brown Bike/Casket Lottery split and he has not returned my pm's eventhough he has read them.

in the same boat, only for a panda bear 7"

I decided to start a dispute because it's been a month now. Literally like one week before this I had a great transaction with him and now this is happening.

been ripped off a few times, most of the times i get my money back, even if its a year later. stuff that is still missing:

CRIME MAILORDER:

party of helicopters - please believe it 12" - $15 - its been about 2+ years, still don't own it.

WHERE'S THAT DEERHEAD? CASSETTES:

abcs of punk 12"+7" - $30 - just passed the year mark. bought it from one of the guys who runs the label, paid through the other guy's paypal. neither one will help me out with a refund, though that have been saying i will get one for almost a year, after saying it was shipped a few times.

GERN BLANDSTEN RECORDS:

sinkhole - core sample 12" - $5 - its been since november or so since i paid. i bought a shitload of stuff from him off of ebay (as in, non-ebay) for super cheap. it all arrived except the one item. contacted him about it, no answer. haven't seen him selling on ebay since. not too worried about it, but i'd like to get the record someday.

VINYL COLLECTIVE:

catalogs 7" on green with mp-01 sleeves - $4 - this has been backordered for more than six months. sure, i have the choice to get a refund or credit, but i'd rather have the item. this will get resolved, but i'm still miffed to not have the record.

DR. STRANGE:

$20 in random shit and shipping - last time i made a hefty order from strange (who is notorious for fucking up orders with more than 5 items) i paid like $15 for priority shipping and it ended up being sent media for less than $5. in addition to this, a few of the items (random cheap pop-punk) were missing, but still paid for. contacted them about this and i'm sure it can be resolved on my next order, but again, its the principle of 'get it right the first time'

Damian Zamora ([email protected]) - owes me a Throwdown "Drive Me Dead" 7" on pink. Won it on ebay and he never sent it. -- $10ish i think

Robert Johnson ([email protected]) - owes me a Grade "Under The Radar" LP on blue vinyl. Won it on ebay and he never sent it. -- $15ish i think

Alias Records - Owes me some Knapsack cassette tapes. Ordered them from thier web site, paid for them and they claim they don't sell them anymore, LAME.

if im not mistaken they even still have them up there...

Sabot Productions - Ordered some Lucero LPs from them and never got them, claimed they sent them but never got them... who knows... -- $20ish i think

luckily ive never been ripped off for any large sums of money.

In the pre-internet days, I got suckered hard ($200ish) via a classified ad in Goldmine for some records that don't even fucking exist. Good luck topping that naivete! Amazingly, the seller would stay in touch via mail, occasionally mailing me $5 and $10 money orders to appease me and telling me how they've "been sick." I eventually reported the cunt for mail fraud and can only hope I was her last sucker. I'm pretty sure she got in a decent amount of trouble.

I am lucky to say only once this has happend to me and that is my One Day As A Lione LP from Insound I have e-mailed them a bunch but nothing fucking pisses me off I think it was something like $20 maybe more I can't even remember it was so long ago I hope maybe one day the respond to my e-mails and hook me up

$220 >:(

That's nothing compared to a dead husband!!!! I would just file the claim with paypal and explain the situation and say you don't want the record and just want the money back, its terrible to keep pushing the poor widow.

You should have her present the death certificate.

I dont believe "her" for one second. Its probably the guy sending out the email since he knows that most people will not argue when it comes to someone dying.

In my opinion, coming from someone who has been mail ordering records for 15 years, waiting a few months isn't being screwed over. Anything over a year ago you probably won't get. It seems to me that some folks on this board, not all of course, lack patience. I had a lot of experience 10 years ago where it would take up to 6 months to get records.