The First Album (You Heard) is Just So Good...

what introductory albums have you heard that have been so awesome that the next release had unrealistic expectations to be equally as awesome that it took a few listens to truly enjoy.

off hand, i have

Margot and the Nuclear So & So's - Dust of Retreat (currently listening to Not Animal! and loving it, hence the reason for this thread)

Tool - AEnima

Bright Eyes - Fever and Mirrors, followed by Lifted.... once i let myself love it

Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place

Weakerthans:

Fallow -> Left and Leaving -> Reconstruction Site

I got Fallow when I saw them play early on, then got L&L when that came out and hated it, but then it grew on me and became my favorite record of theirs, then RS came out I was skeptical at first, but then grew to love that one too.

Reunion Tour is ok, their least good album by far.

These aren't necessarily first albums by the bands, but they were my first introductions to these bands that I really liked, and then couldn't get into much else, or everything else pailed in comparison.

-Harriet the Spy - God Gave Us Music and the Courage to Sing

-None More Black - Whatever song is on Rock Against Bush vol. 1. I heard this song, and loved it, but the rest of their catalog is mediocre, enjoyable at best.

-The Cassino demos

-Limbeck - Hi, Everything's Great

i 100% agree with rise against- rpm and bno-trainwreck

i think say anything-is a real boy is gonna end up being another one eventhough theyve only put out one release since

mars volta-deloused and bloc party-silent alarm too

Totally agree on Silent Alarm, I couldn't wait for their next one and it was a real let down.