CONVERGE New album video teaser

Guest kylewilliam

that song sounds like it could have been a b-side from no heroes. i am really, really excited to hear the direction of this new record.

and i don't get all the hate for you fail me, that record was great.

Guest kylewilliam
Lately I've been listening to "You Fail Me" more than any other...even more than "Jane Doe"...

i move down to coral springs in 6 days. stoked.

you fail me rules

Lately I've been listening to "You Fail Me" more than any other...even more than "Jane Doe"...

Same here. "Last Night" is such a good fucking song.

It's rad and all but is anyone really suprised that it's good?

I'm not surprised, but I think that they tend to follow up their amazing records (Petitioning, Jane Doe, No Heroes) with merely good ones (Forever, You Fail Me). Hopefully they'll have back-to-back hits with the new one.

Dude. You Fail Me is fucking incredible, are you serious. And Petitioning Forever was a reissue.

Albums:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Music for me, aside from personal taste, is all about the time and place in your life in which you experience it. Most people's vehement emotional reaction to music is based in that. Some people enjoy heady/conceptual/thematic efforts and some like simple songs of anger/love, etc. There is no "right" answer, just infinite opinion.

Personally I feel people spend way too much time/energy being critical of efforts instead of searching for something they can relate to within in it. From an artist's perspective it seems to me that people's opinion on music is more telling about themselves and where they are at in their lives than anything else. The only thing I know for sure it that the older we get as people in our band, the more refined our outlook on writing music and creating art has become.

Thanks for listening, it is appreciated.

-J.

I'm not surprised, but I think that they tend to follow up their amazing records (Petitioning, Jane Doe, No Heroes) with merely good ones (Forever, You Fail Me). Hopefully they'll have back-to-back hits with the new one.

Dude. You Fail Me is fucking incredible, are you serious. And Petitioning Forever was a reissue.

Petitioning Forever was a reissue, but I was referring to Petitioning the Empty Sky (which I consider a stand-alone album). That was a masterpiece, which was followed by Forever. I didn't think that was as strong, but I appreciated the experimental nature of it. Of course Jane Doe was incredible. I wasn't feeling Fail as much, but it's probably time I revisited it anyway.

I'd hardly consider my saying "merely good" as some sort of slight against those records - they're still incredible, but not up to the standards of their better work (in my estimation). Converge has been one of my favorite bands for over a decade, and I'm beyond stoked to hear some new material.