What bands did your parents get you into?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight

Bob Marley

Phil Collins/Genesis

The Police

That's it... when I was a kid they listened to classic rock and a lot of 80's alternative. Now my dad listens exclusively to pop country and my mom doesn't like music anymore.

Guest smccown13

My dad raised me on Queen/War/Three Dog Night and my mom raised me on Aretha Franklin/Gladys Night and the Pips/Robert Johnson. For extra credit, my sister got me into the Beastie Boys, and my brother got me on Slayer/Metallica/Janes Addiction. The cover of "Nothing's Shocking" were the first naked boobs I ever saw. Ahh..I love nostalgia threads.

now that I think of it...My dad never pushed Boston on me, but it was always playing in his truck...and it was the first band I really really got excited about when it came on...Boston is still my favorite "classic rock" band...got 3 of their LPs from my Dad actually...so I guess besides terrible 80's Hair-Metal...Boston

Guest drahtuos

my parents generally have terrible taste in music, i mean i like some stuff that they kind of like, beach boys comes to mind and some current stuff like certain songs on top 40 radio, and my dad used to dig that one foo fighters album, there is nothing left to lose, but that was me getting my dad into something that i liked. also my mom sometimes thinks some of the stuff i listen to sounds good. they never really got me into anything though, i found everything i like either on my own or on recommendation from friends.