Tracks Music - Bloomington, IN - AWFUL STORE

This record store is awful.

I went in today, spent time flipping through their records. Most everything was overpriced, but I found two out of print records by a UK band that I like, so I picked them up along with two other records that I've been meaning to buy. Over-all, my order was going to be about $65 for the four records I was buying. I went up to the counter to check out, and the owner apparently was looking up the records on Amazon.com while ringing me up. He realized that two of the records were out of print and worth more than he had them priced so he refused to sell them to me. Why would someone want to spend their time digging through their shelves to find a good deal, for him to refuse to sell it to them? Talk about a waste of time.

This is simply an FYI to anyone who lives in the area or will be in the area. Don't give this guy your business.

When this happens to me I like taking the records back into the shelves and slipping them somewhere hard to find. At least that way you didn't do the owner any favours by digging something out for them to overcharge.

I did this once in a store with a huge stock. The look on the clerk's face was priceless, even if the "price" meant I couldn't go back. Ha!

That's bullshit. See if you can find him selling them online, 'buy' them, and figure out how to fuck him over.

Haha, yeah I checked Amazon only a couple hours after leaving the store and he had already listed it. It was priced for $14.99 on the shelf and he has it listed for $88.00 on Amazon... which is a bit of an unrealistic price, actually.

you should go to ryan from defiance, ohio's store/art gallery. if its still open.

place was awesome!

I've heard this place was amazing! I don't know if it's still there or not.

Ironically, I've heard super good things about all record stores in Bloomington from friends. Maybe this is the one they say they never visit.

you should go to ryan from defiance, ohio's store/art gallery. if its still open.

place was awesome!

Ironically, I've heard super good things about all record stores in Bloomington from friends. Maybe this is the one they say they never visit.

I'd be surprised if anyone says this place is amazing... their used stuff is pretty worn and way over priced.

Bloomington actually has two pretty cool record shops: Landlocked Music, TDs

I've been to this store, I know what you mean. The prices don't make any sense, records from bands like Pink Floyd and the Allman Brothers cost an arm and a leg, regardless of condition, but then they have some rarities and don't even know it. I was lucky and found a copy of this old all African-American Cleveland metal band called Black Death for 5 bucks at this store (it usually goes for several hundred). I didn't see the clerk check prices when I went there, but maybe they have gotten even worse than they were.

I went to the Salem Record Exchange (I think it's called) and found a nice copy of Ill Communication on green that hadn't been priced. Brought it to the counter and the first thing the guy did was look it up on eBay and then quoted me a price...total bs.

Which means he probably based his price on a Fraziermart BIN.

It is total BS.

I've been to this store, I know what you mean. The prices don't make any sense, records from bands like Pink Floyd and the Allman Brothers cost an arm and a leg, regardless of condition, but then they have some rarities and don't even know it. I was lucky and found a copy of this old all African-American Cleveland metal band called Black Death for 5 bucks at this store (it usually goes for several hundred). I didn't see the clerk check prices when I went there, but maybe they have gotten even worse than they were.

there's a record store around here that's kinda like that. Everything they have is from 1990 and bellow. No matter what, every record's starting price is four dollars. They price records based on popularity of the band. So a ratty copy of "dark side of the moon" in their opinion is worth 20 bucks. I have gotten some steals from there though (pixies surfer rosa for four bucks, beastie boys license to ill for four bucks).

I also heard one time they sold a copy of mellon collie and the infinite sadness for 30 bucks. GOD I wish i was the one who found it.

I'd be surprised if anyone says this place is amazing... their used stuff is pretty worn and way over priced.

Bloomington actually has two pretty cool record shops: Landlocked Music, TDs

everything used i've ever picked up there was $1- $2.