Why we need audiophiles.

cool article. i'm slipping down the slope of an audiophile though i think. the difference between a 128kbps rip and a 320kbps rip is now a big deal to me. i hope i never slip to the point where i end up spending more than $10,000 for an audio system.

Hey, if you got the dough I say there's no better way to blow it than on something like that. Homeboy's setup looks hella. But yeah. I think I'll stay in the 3-5K range myself. Even THAT's a dream for me right now.

yah i certainly won't have a high end set-up in the near future. university is kind of destroying that dream.

I thought SACDs died. And can someone tell me why the laser turntable isn't the best? What could be better than a laser? And I'm not talking about the wear and tear.

The needle from a standard player cleans out the grooves of the record, the laser doesn't. Stuff builds up in the grooves that ordinary cleaner can't get out. At least that's what I've heard from various places.

I thought SACDs died. And can someone tell me why the laser turntable isn't the best? What could be better than a laser? And I'm not talking about the wear and tear.

Man I used to work at a store where this dude came in to buy SACD's all the time. He bought them because they were "superior" but didn't have an SACD player. He always came back the next day to return it because they wouldn't play on any of his players. Dude kinda made me laugh.

BTW-He didn't want to buy a SACD player as they were "too expensive".

Man I used to work at a store where this dude came in to buy SACD's all the time. He bought them because they were "superior" but didn't have an SACD player. He always came back the next day to return it because they wouldn't play on any of his players. Dude kinda made me laugh.

BTW-He didn't want to buy a SACD player as they were "too expensive".

what an idiot. if he bought an SACD once and realized it didn't work on his CD player, then it's totally understandable. but to do it repeatedly, that is just fucking stupid.

The needle from a standard player cleans out the grooves of the record, the laser doesn't. Stuff builds up in the grooves that ordinary cleaner can't get out. At least that's what I've heard from various places.

Thanks. I looked up some SACDs and it looks like they are still being released, though not many.

most (a lot?) SACDs are hybrids that have a regular layer that will play on regular CD players...

DVD-Audio discs don't tho...

this guy has a couple of DVDs too...

i just watched this one and it is pretty interesting...there is a tour of RTI and a german pressing plant...

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Vinyl-World-After-All/dp/B001G9CNV8

the production values make that price even more ridiculous, but i got it off netflix...def. worth watching...

most (a lot?) SACDs are hybrids that have a regular layer that will play on regular CD players...

i just watched this one and it is pretty interesting...there is a tour of RTI and a german pressing plant...

the production values make that price even more ridiculous, but i got it off netflix...def. worth watching...

this guy's review of the DVD is amazing

http://www.amazon.com/review/RL6HNYFZ2KROT/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Added to my netflix queue!