People are fucking awful (Philly peeps should read

I got an email today from work. One of the stores in our chain is in Suburban Station in Philly. They got a memo from SEPTA today as follows:

Please advise clients and others accessing the city's concourses to be mindful of grabbing and holding any hand rails. Hypodermic needles containing tainted blood are being fastened to the underside of the railings.

Please pass this warning to others.

WHAT THE FUCK WHO THE HELL DOES SHIT LIKE THIS. What sort of piece of shit would go through all the trouble of doing something like that? Ugh. Anyways. I needed to just rant about it.

And also pass the word along to any Philly VC'ers cause I love you all and don't want you getting AIDS or something awful.

Yeah, not saying don't be careful, but it's probably just bullshit. I've heard about this shit a bunch, but I've never once seen it in the news. One of my friends just last year got an email saying not to flash your lights and a car with it's lights off because of the gang initiation rumor, and she had never heard it and believed it.

Well it was an official memo from SEPTA's facility inspector (as in someone from SEPTA walked up the the store and gave it to the supervisor) so I'm assuming they wouldn't send it unless needles were found. Then again it could have been someone posing as such. If it is true, SOOOO fucked up. If not then why would you go through the trouble of spreading such a ridiculous rumor like htat? Surely they could do better.

A few years ago someone in Toronto buried a bunch of wood block with razor blades stuck in them under the sand at the beach the night before a big beach volleyball tournament was supposed to happen. I can't find the actual article anymore, but I found some text from it.

TORONTO - Police in Toronto closed nearly 100 beach volleyball courts on Sunday after players about to begin an end-of-summer tournament found razor-blade booby traps hidden in the sand.

Searches of the courts turned up 12 of the traps, blades embedded in blocks of wood and buried in the sand, sometime between Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

"They were placed deliberately to cause injury to people playing beach volleyball," said Det. Norman Brinn at a news conference.

"We are obviously dealing with a disturbed person."

Brinn said perhaps the most troubling aspect is the time taken to build and hide the booby traps. The blocks of wood were between eight and 15 centimetres long. A machine cut them and the blades were glued into deep grooves.

The first of the blocks were found by a volleyball player warming up ahead of the tournament.

Players and organizers of the tournament were shocked. Beach volleyball is played in bare feet, and players often dive to the ground.

Volleyball players found eight of the blades. Police using metal detectors turned up another four.

The general area of Ashbridges Bay in the city's east end would remain open, as the culprits apparently targeted the volleyball courts. But police were warning people to be cautious.

The incident drew comparisons to last winter, when poisoned hot dogs were planted in a Toronto park. One dog was killed and another 17 were made ill.

AIDS can only live outside of the body for about half a minute so it's more likley that you'd get hep or something like that.

How reassuring.

I'm headed to Philly soon, if this is true, I'm going to have to be slightly less drunk than normal in my east coast shenanigans.

you seem to go to NYC often, right? shit is just as likely to happen there as it would in Philly. There is always shit that can happen, but very rarely do.

I'm headed to Philly soon, if this is true, I'm going to have to be slightly less drunk than normal in my east coast shenanigans.

to see me, right? <3

AHH I'm retarded. I guess I won't be in Philly... or maybe I could go...but I was planning on going to the PA STD/ALK3 shows. Only problem is that the 30th (the show in yo hood), there's no STD. How close are you to Allentown? I think I'm going to that show on the 24th...

But of course whenever I head to Philly it is going to be for you my love. PM a bitch... or something.

How reassuring.

you seem to go to NYC often, right? shit is just as likely to happen there as it would in Philly. There is always shit that can happen, but very rarely do.

I know, I was just kidding. I'm from LA and hang out in Long Beach all the time yet I have survived still relatively unscathed.