BREAKING BAD - Thank You!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I'm ecstatic about Odenkirk being a part of the show. I see him being an integral part of the series. Not a couple episode arc.

On a personal note: I keep bouncing in and out of the top ten. I have 157 votes and would love to break 200 tomorrow. Again, if you've got alternate e-mail addresses, I could sure use the boost. Thanks again for getting me where I am. I just want to make sure it's not all for naught.

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad-contest/2009/04/tim-friedman.php

just an update: i DID break 200 and am (at this second) 3 away from tying 5th place!

thanks thanks thanks!

you're not going to like this part, but i'm trying to get anyone with a facebook account to post the link around 5pm today. hopefully if people who haven't votes or cared see a couple references, they'll succumb to peer pressure.

dumb? totally. sorry for it? you betcha. hopefully worth being a douchebag to be on an awesome tv show? mm hmmm.

oh! and i got my mountain goats/john vanderslice 12" today!

that's a possibility, jesse. then again, even had i done the monologue in a way such that you were content with it, i'd still need people to know about the contest and vote. in reality, it's all going to be up to Vince Gilligan (creator of Breaking Bad) to decide who deserves to win. so, if i become a finalist and still don't win, you can feel proud that you and he share the same opinion. that's about the best i can offer you.

and to everyone else... plllleeeeeeeeeaaassseeee?

Maybe you should have done a cooler rendition of the scene and relied on that instead of begging. Probably would have been easier in the long run.

Would have been easier for you to mind your own business and not be a dick, but people don't always go the route others want them to.

Not true, if I minded my own business(on an internet message board? fer real?) then I just would have been pissed that I didn't voice my very valuable opinion. Just like picking a scab, I couldn't leave it alone.

i actually agree with you on that, jesse. i appreciate 'trivial's sticking up for me. but i knew full well what i opened myself up to by posting on this and the three other boards i posted on.

now, yes, i always wonder why many message boards have to so quickly become so negative, but by the type my fingers touch the keyboard to comment on that i realize that that's just my opinion, and it's just as valuable as someone who doesn't agree with it.

to go one notch further... jesse, your opinion can absolutely be "very valuable." and i'd like to think i am open to constructive criticism (just as i have to accept non-constructive criticism). unfortunately, you've simply stated that i killed the scene in a bad way and that i should have done it "cooler." i would actually welcome you to further state what you dislike. i'm sure i've already considered your possible points. i may have over-acted the monologue. i may have put too many pauses into it. maybe i should have shaved and mimicked walt's mustache. maybe i should have found a way to utilize a higher quality camera. maybe i shouldn't have stolen the idea for the record mural in the background from a nestle quik commercial.

so, jesse, if you'd like to clarify what it is you feel so strongly and negatively about, this is just as much your forum as it is mine.

anyone, for that matter, should feel free to watch my video and comment openly and honestly.

but while you're there, you may as well vote for me, huh?

tim.

Ok I'll elaborate. So your video wasn't good because you didn't put any effort into it. You just sat at your computer, took all of 30 seconds and basically repeated a scene. You should have done a more dynamic scene, with props or shaved your head and grown a Walt mustache or something, anything. You don't have the acting chops to simply read a screen in front of your monitor and pull it off. So basically I can't vote for you because you barely even tried, your whole budget(time) went into marketing, and I demand more from the product before I buy.

I don't feel strongly about it, like I don't dislike you or anything, and I'm not trying to be a troll, I just think the amount of effort you put into it is probably equal to the effort it would take me to register and vote, which is to say very little effort.

thanks, adam. thanks, alan. thanks, alan.

and jesse, i think that's a logical argument. i will say this, however. i specifically used my digital camera rather than my isight camera, and recorded about 20 takes. most often because i'd paraphrase or go over in time (had to be one minute or less). i certainly am not reading anything as i took about a half an hour to read the brief monologue, memorize it, and try to comprehend what must be going on in my (or walt's) head to deliver it. i figured, the final judging could come down to any small thing, so i didn't want going off script (even by a word) to affect my chances.

as far as doing something more dynamic, film-wise; my decision was two-fold. first, i had seen a coupd creatively put-together videos and thought they distracted from the acting, and i'm guessing a small acting role will be given in response to acting, rather than editing abilities or clever gimmicks. again, i'm letting my acting to all the work, and that may be the core of your dissatisfaction. after all, i'm no ruth buzzi.

the second factor in the simplicity of the video is that the contest has been going on since the beginning of March. I only found out about it at the end of April, so I recorded and submitted last Sunday.

now, being open to criticism usually means just accepting the opposing view and learning from it. since i cannot submit a second video, nor do i have a flying deloreon (yet), i settled for playing defense. doesn't make your case any less relevant. i certainly understand and respect it. i just wanted to clarify i did put a little more time and effort into this than the final product may suggest to you.

It's odd an odd sensation to sound like a broken record but for it be with a phrase like "thank you so much."

ok. quick recap: i'm now number 3 and 78 votes from FIRST PLACE! my relentlessness on friday and having so many people post the link on their facebook and myspace cannot be overstated.

so, since tomorrow is the last full day to vote, i'm hoping for one last big push. i'm trying to get everyone who can (and wants to) to keep facebook cluttered with this link throughout the day tomorrow.

i just want to say again how gigantic every vote is at this point and how much i've appreciated you getting me to where i am in this.

also, notice that the winner also gets $1000. think about how many offers i could end up making on your list. ha.

tim.

i personally admired his fortitude when dealing with the negativity from other members. for that i voted for him. Sometimes just being polite goes along way. Who knows, he can always become a voice in this community because of the politeness of people here. That's why i stuck around.

Here's to hoping you get get nominated tim... If you do, let me know. my old roommate works on the show. i can have you trip her out by saying bad things about me... hahaha.

I just wanted to post since we're inside of 24 hours left to vote. At this second I'm 53 votes from FIRST PLACE!

i feel like 'coldlampin' has the mindset i would have if this wasn't me. so, now that you know how close we are to putting me in that number one slot, i hope i can get you to vote if you haven't, and possibly to post the link on myspace, facebook, uh... twitter? anything. thank you guys so so so much.

oh, and new episode tonight! i suppose if you haven't known what this show is all about you should watch tonight.

thanks thanks thanks!

tim.

3PM UPDATE! 308 votes.

2nd has 333.

1st has 345.

and, i've been asked a few times how to keep tabs on my rank. it IS slightly convoluted. but here's the answer, nonetheless.

if you go to that site and scroll down a bit. on the right side, under editor's picks, under an advertisement are the "most votes" and "most comments" sections. click on the votes, obviously and then if you just mouseover the names you can see how many votes they have.

20 hours left!

8:30 PM UPDATE!

325 votes!

2nd has 334.

1st has 346.

By the way, the second place video incorporates a Winnie The Pooh stuffed animal. You have to want me to beat that, right?

Keep myspacing, facebooking and whatevering. And actually one-on-oning with a few people will probably push me over the top.